ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Were you at FCS 2006? Look in...

Mk2 172 (Silver)
The organisers of FCS are looking for your opinions. If you attended FCS this year, have a look and answer the questions below. These will get fed back to them at a meeting this weekend (so please keep to the questions asked!)
(They are aware of the issue regarding speeding club cars, so no need to mention that in your answers)

1) Specify 1 or 2 good things about FCS06

2) Specify 1 or 2 bad things about FCS06

3) Specify 1 or 2 things you would like to see at FCS07

106 GTi
1) Good Variety of Cars/Clubs. Prefered hard standing to the up and down bumpy ground of past years.

2) Everything was far to spread out. Poor viewing of the Track.

3) Them not trying to con new victims by offering the VIP rip off again year after year!

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
1. (Good) Great turn out & a good day out.

2. (Bad) Viewing of the track & the VIP Suite.

3. (FSC 07) A selection of different sports cars to have a ride in around the track.

Focus ST
1. (Good) Well advertised + Good turnout + Good venue.
2. (Bad) VIP Bands (total waste of time & money) + Traders spread out too far + registration for track/strip in the middle of everything (should be next to track/strip).
3. (FCS07) More celeb's + Naked Chicks + More Stands (Traders/demos).

Maz

LY 200
1) Specify 1 or 2 good things about FCS06 - Tarmac car stands instead of grass & quick entry

2) Specify 1 or 2 bad things about FCS06 - Staff were not helpful at all rather than getting someone to help you they would just say "I don't know" and some were infact very rude, VIP was a total joke, location, condition, food, staff etc

3) Specify 1 or 2 things you would like to see at FCS07 - more traders, helpful staff

al

ST on the way...
We won best stand :D

1. VIP 2. VIP

Better viewing of the track

cock mobile.

I was not stupied enough to cough up for VIP
Simple ability to talk to other members and put faces to names

I had to park at the back, boohoo (ok ok I know I would have to)

Not really in your hands but the layout was awful, and you could not see the track very well (unless you were on it)

As point 2, better layout etc.
Maybe some mass BBQ effort, obviously some people were not happy with VIP and the burger vans are always a rip off.

1) Specify 1 or 2 good things about FCS06. Not bad in general realy.

2) Specify 1 or 2 bad things about FCS06. Track surface was abismal and track layoout very dull just flat out, Idiots driving up and down the runway.

3) Specify 1 or 2 things you would like to see at FCS07. Better track layout. A better layout for the CS stand? seemed very long and thin. Also notice in advance of layout?

Lionel Richie
1) we owned everything on track

2) i much prefered the grass layout from 2005, everything was closer together

3) YS TB'd V6 clio

;)

A4 Avant
1.) Extremely good turn out of varied French cars. 0-60 viewing was good.
2.) VIP. Track view was awful. Car show strip was too long.
3.) More activity in the cliosport stand. Better overall layout

1) good turn out, good stand

2) as fred metioned - i much prefered the grass layout from 2005, everything was closer together

3) more traders, better veiwing of the track, more women?

Chocolate Bar™
1) good turnout of differently inspired cars. great turnout from cliosport.
0-60 was quite good to watch, but would have been better if you were allowed to watch from perhaps halfway down the track.

2) layout was quite poor, as it was a massive walk up and down to actually see everything which meant the lazy among us were driving up and down aimlessly - thus emptying the cliosport stand and led to them making an arse of themselves (someone had to mention it ;))

not enough traders actually selling useful things. potn and Demon Tweeks were there just handing out brochures. would have been nice to see some traders offering special deals and stuff.

3) more traders, and a better layout if possible. the marquee's provided to clubs could be used to actually display their best cars / BBQ or something.

A silver Honda
1) The club turnout, The Yozzasport Cup

2) Bad stand layout, Track side view and 'VIP' area.

3) Better layout, club BBQ, more eye candy!

Beetle
1) The fact that i didn't purchase a vip ticket, the drive home.

2) Poor layout, middle strip was a bad idea inbetween the club stands, too many idiots flooring it up and down. It lacked a show feel, seamt like large meet rather than a 'show'

3) I doubt i'll attend next year.

1) The good turnouts for the clubs

2) People driving like muppets, the general location of the show. Was poorly set up and badly managed!

3) Back where it was in 05, no room for people to drive like tossers!

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Thanks for your responses so far.

Can I just remond you as per my original post in this thread ;)

(They are aware of the issue regarding speeding club cars, so no need to mention that in your answers)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The quarter miling set up was appalling - bad traction and it ripped my racing slicks to shreds.

Price of quarter miling ( £5 a run ) - bloody rip off considering for £15 you get unlimited runs at santa pod which is a world proven track.

wont be going again next year

^^ i saw u do that wheel spin at the beginning of the 1/4. the stewards didnt like that one bit. lol was funny

the vip area was s**t. no food, far distance from everything.

al said:
2) ClioSport tent wasn't very inviting.

i reckon the tent should have been set up along side the clios, not behind them.

that i reckon would have been more inviting. :)

Lionel Richie
JLO said:
i reckon the tent should have been set up along side the clios, not behind them.

that i reckon would have been more inviting. :)

you ever tried bashing tent pegs into solid concrete???

1) The depth and variation of cars and clubs in attendance.

1) Extremely limited track and 0-60 viewing area (especially track)

2) Poor general layout

1) Improved "spectator" areas

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Thank you all for the sensible comments!! lol

Both Nik and myself went along to the meeting at the weekend, and most if not all of these points were rasied at some point, not just by us but by other club representitives too. It was also interesting to see the Bruntingthorpe layout and the mare it is to be able to fit everything in and also to please everyone....which is a hard job in itself!!!

From all the points raised Mark and Gordon have got around 17 pledges which they will endeavour to work towards for next years show.

Emma

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
this was the first time i attended a fcs, things that i found that can be improved for next year=

• poor track for the 1/4 milen runs
  • £5 per run on the day is a disgrace.
  • viewing of the race track was poor, only got to see one bend.
  • a very good turn out for the cs club but i do feel as a club we should have activies to bring us closer together and break the ice for people who havent met before.
  • the stewards could be more cheerful and study the layout before so when you ask them where something is there know where to point you to.