ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Viper...Are they worth it

Titanium 182 w/ cup packs

Hi all,im considering getting a viper kit for my mk2 172.Are they really worth it?All i really want it for is for looks and noise.Ive heard they are a pain to fit properly and people having problems with the cold air feed.

Cheers matt.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

if you want noise and looks then yes..

you will get better throttle response with it as well.

A.

i had one on my 1.2 and it didnt sound too good but that was obviously only a 1.2!? my mate got a bmc on his mk1 172 and it sounds the muts nuts!there about the same price i think?maybe the bmc is cheaper??

clio 16v

i have one on my valver sounds good, and looks good, but if your just after sound, and not power, get an open cone i/k.

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by dannyboy on 21 August 2005

i have one on my valver sounds good, and looks good, but if your just after sound, and not power, get an open cone i/k.
did u notice any difference in power m8, i would love to have the sound of an open air i/k but u loose power and thats hard to comeby on these engines, ive curruntly got an itg panel filter in std airbox which most peep on here recommend but wouldnt mine having a viper if u get a bit of a gain and they sound good , did u get yours from k-tec??

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I wasnt too keen on the sound of the Viper kit on mine, and I didnt really notice any performance benefit. Fitting is a bit fiddly and the only easy route for the cold air feed is to run it down into the arch, just behind the foglight. Did look good tho...