ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver steering column trouble

hi,

right i had this replaced at last mot for a secondhand 1 as i wasnt planning on keeping the car,i ended up keeping it longer than expected and its fuked again

basically its started to really vibrate the car now and makes knocking noises.i spoke to a mate of mine and he reckons it is possible to weld a sleeve over the 2 parts at the bottom of the column (where the bush is inside) to stop it moving,anyone done this?

im gona be getting rid of the car in the next month or so hopefully trade it in as im lookin for a new 1 now and dont fancy spending another 300 notes on a new column if im not keeping it

any advice welcome,thanks

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

plenty of people have done this. do a search as there has been quite a few pics posted before.

hey,yeah i done a search for steering column but nothin came up about people welding them

any ideas wot to put in the search?

ok pm sent bud

if not will may have to try and take the column out and get someone round here to do it or take it into work

i just wana sell the thing!really getting fed up of spending my hard earned cash on this car

:(

Titanium 182

" just wana sell the thing!really getting fed up of spending my hard earned cash on this car"

the downfall of all valver owners !!

Quote: Originally posted by damo16v on 23 May 2004

thanks for the replies think im definitly gona weld it up

anyone near to ipswich that fancies doing it for me? <SCRIPT language=javascript>
I think Torsion Tuning near kelvedon will do it for about £50 - just a quick blat down the A12! I think Essex_Lad (alex) had his done there.