ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent: Exhaust Info.

Stuck in work at the Mo so I cant look myself, but does anyone know how the exhaust is made up on a Phase 1, 172. I have a persistant vibration/resonance at 2400RPM which I believe is the coming from the centre section and possibly the back box and as such I was intending to change these for a Magnex cat back system as the only other source of parts is Renault themselves. Renault have quoted me approx £340 for centre section, £164.50 for back box and approx £40 - £50 for gasket, clamp, mtg brkt etc...

However I have just spoken to another potential source for an exhaust who has told me that the the cat, centre section and back box comes in one piece!!!!!!!!!!!

So can anyone confrim or deny my assumption that the exhaust system is as follows:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Im sure its one section from the cat back.

Not 100% on that.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

no idea. aftermarket systems fit from the cat back.

i didnt think that the std system differed in anyway from that setup.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 21 June 2004

Im sure its one section from the cat back.

Not 100% on that.
Its one piece all the way from the cat back. To swap the centre section or back box they cut it around the rear axle.

Ive just had mine welded back together after being cut off in the wrong place.

So to clarify the exhaust runs: Manifold, Cat, centre section including back box. And the centre section does not incorporate the cat as I have been told which means that the Magnex system will fit directly to the cat in the same way the current system does.

Do a search on the "4k rattle" on this forum, you will find all the info you need.

Been there, Done that and Bought the Magnex!!! ;)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Ollie172 on 21 June 2004

Stuck in work at the Mo so I cant look myself, but does anyone know how the exhaust is made up on a Phase 1, 172. I have a persistant vibration/resonance at 2400RPM which I believe is the coming from the centre section and possibly the back box and as such I was intending to change these for a Magnex cat back system as the only other source of parts is Renault themselves. Renault have quoted me approx £340 for centre section, £164.50 for back box and approx £40 - £50 for gasket, clamp, mtg brkt etc...

However I have just spoken to another potential source for an exhaust who has told me that the the cat, centre section and back box comes in one piece!!!!!!!!!!!

So can anyone confrim or deny my assumption that the exhaust system is as follows:
the exhaust is one peice when first put on the car at production. the exhaust is sold in sections in after sales. you can get the back box and centre part separate and use renault sleeves to join them together.

also have same problem mate. bought a magnex but am wanting to sell it and put on something a little more subtle. great sound, but not me i m afraid. it s the oval tail pipe if ur interested. renault quoted me £285 to replace the centre section. am putting up with it 4 now but it s a pain in the arse.