ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urBeats Headphones & iPhone

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Could have brought you some back $89 here but the h1 is hardley a decent headphone i have tried some

What you want is the h3 but then again thats compariblw to the bose

H1 is a 116i compared to the h3 M3 and thats physically trying them

Neither are as good as the new upgraded bose in ear qc20's

Depends what you compare them too

My mate runs a shop called hi end headphones he has in ear stuff that makes my shures sound weak. The sures i have are better than my bose

And if you want you can easy spend 2k on in ears but then are going to waste them if your not listening on a lossless portable player , and there goes another 2k plus
The noise cancellation is brilliant on the qc20, but the sound quality isn't amazing. It's good, but not outstanding, you pay for the noise canceling. I prefer the h1 to my bose, but it's all down to opinion.
Some folk love beats, I don't like the silly bass.
But saying the h1 aren't decent is, imo, not accurate. And there's plenty of reviews that agree that they are very good.

Well i have tried the h1 the h3 and my bose in the last 24hrs

The h1 is a sub £100 headphone and thats the sound i feel it gives

My Shure Se310 which are old are better than my bose for sound quality i agree

Sound quality is all subjective so i did say in my opinion

I would never buy a speaker , amp or headphone without demoing it myself.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
The noise cancellation is brilliant on the qc20, but the sound quality isn't amazing. It's good, but not outstanding, you pay for the noise canceling. I prefer the h1 to my bose, but it's all down to opinion.
Some folk love beats, I don't like the silly bass.
But saying the h1 aren't decent is, imo, not accurate. And there's plenty of reviews that agree that they are very good.
These any good?

http://www.shure.co.uk/products/earphones/se315

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Not tried them myself fella, but they review really well. Shure generally make top quality stuff. Get some of these to go with
http://www.complyfoam.com/categories/Brand/Shure®/SE315/

Use the website to get the code for the ones you need, then search Amazon /eBay etc
Cheers mate. I don't really want earphones that hook over the ear and I can't work out whether these have to do that or not! This is a tough item to buy lol.

The shure se 315 does not hook over the ear !
I have the older 310 version and the sound quality (again personal opinion) is superior to my bose qc20
They are comfortable and offer a fair amount of noise blocking

Again personal 1st hand experience over several years

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
img_0076.jpg

Going from sites that sell them?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The shure se 315 does not hook over the ear !
I have the older 310 version and the sound quality (again personal opinion) is superior to my bose qc20
They are comfortable and offer a fair amount of noise blocking

Again personal 1st hand experience over several years
And from shure website

"and over the ear configuration keeps cables out of the way."?

Last edited:
I can show you , they do not have to be used over the ear , swap the left and right and the cable hangs below perfectly normally below
Its exactly how i wear mine

You can do both

Its because how they do it is not the normal clip over the ear as some do but purely a cable routing due to the way shure exit the cable from the earbud
If you look at a picture you can kind of visualise it but swapping levft to right changes the way the cable exits from up to down

Obvious caviate is listening to something that has things said to the right and left on a stereo track , i use it watching films etc and have never found it odd but i guess if you were really anal you might pick up on something

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Its because how they do it is not the normal clip over the ear as some do but purely a cable routing due to the way shure exit the cable from the earbud
If you look at a picture you can kind of visualise it but swapping levft to right changes the way the cable exits from up to down

Obvious caviate is listening to something that has things said to the right and left on a stereo track , i use it watching films etc and have never found it odd but i guess if you were really anal you might pick up on something
I think it would bother me knowing it was reversed, but I'm not sure if notice if I didn't know (if that makes sense!)

@eugegall is this helpful
http://headphonesaddict.com/best-noise-isolating-earbuds/#isolatingearbuds

You can on the newer ones i think unplug the wire from the bud

You cant on the older 310 i have

If you can you could swap which wire was pluged to each bud thus having the left and right correctly

However to be sure i would need 315s in my hand

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Sent them back!

There were so many issues with them. Cable way too long. Sound was average, I didnt like the right angle socket bit, they didnt stay in my ear. I could go on.

Just had some Bose Sport delivered and wow. They are fantastic. Absolutely brilliant. I think @ForceIndia recommended these right at the start.

Excellent!

I love my powerbeats, especially when running or at the gym.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sent them back!

There were so many issues with them. Cable way too long. Sound was average, I didnt like the right angle socket bit, they didnt stay in my ear. I could go on.

Just had some Bose Sport delivered and wow. They are fantastic. Absolutely brilliant. I think @ForceIndia recommended these right at the start.
Glad you like them fella. Sorry didn't reply to your pm, but my world got flipped turned upside down. Etc

To be honest Euge the noise cancelling bose in ears take what you have to another level now you have tried the sports

I hate bose as a brand but admit those and my soundlink mini speaker are brilliant , however i paid $ price not UK