ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultra Red 200.

What would you pick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: Decision time. Help required...

Yeah, the 197 with 40k on it was considerably pokier than the 200 with 10k on it.

Also, it would appear that tyre choice makes a big difference. 197 with Contis vs 200 with Primewells (who the f*ck would fit them, non-cup owners FTL). The steering is still very light at low speeds (i didnt realise it was variable assistance :eek:), but does weigh up considerably when your actually moving.

Managed to get a test drive by myself on Saturday, so instead of pootling around town/down the motorway (where the steering is light/cr4p), i managed to hoon down some lanes at warp factor 10. Wasnt so bad then ...

Recaros make huge difference as well, wouldnt even consider a 197/200 without them. They make the interior considerably more bearable.

I thought the 20k 197 I drove felt slower than the 200 with 88 miles on it. :eek:

The gearing really helps the 200 though.

Agreed about the Recaros though, even if I had to persuade her to agree with me on them. :eek:

TT 225+
Re: Decision time. EDIT: Ultra Red ordered.

Epic choice, test drove one this weekend whilst I was back home. Out of the several cars I drove, the 200 was by far and away the most fun, can wait to buy one when I get home! some 1 yr old bargains out there!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I've already bought the HID kit and need to stock up on some new waxes. :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ohhhh new products! Make sure Amigo is one of them! ;) A lot of waxes look good on Red.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Lee's Nimbus convinced me that the back end looks loads chunkier with the subtle lip.

I'd never choose the Cup one. Hideous thing!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I even drove a 38 mile round-trip to see the demo at the dealership with the GT Spoiler fitted.

It definitely makes the rear end more beefy. :eek:

The Cup jobbie is way too pikey for me. lol. Makes it look like a pram.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

GT pwns the cup spoiler all over the place. Much more subtle. Completes the car imo.

Evo 5 RS

Agreeeeee GT spoiler is a nice touch. Cup spoiler is handy if you cba with a bike rack though ;D

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Never even heard of the gt spoiler so just had a look on google.The gt spoiler looks awesome they always look a bit bare without but as you say the cup spoiler is fugly.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Good man! Perfect spec (bar the colour...nimbus is better)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

GT pwns the cup spoiler all over the place. Much more subtle. Completes the car imo.

Its a bright red clio lol. You want subtle, buy a 318se.

Personally, if you're spend 20 grand on a clio, its because you are a little bit bonkers, so the cup spoiler is the way forwards i reckon.

:drunk:

Lee

BMW M2C

What does the GT spoiler look like?

I think it's spot on. Similar to the way the V6 spoiler looked right on the Trophy. It looks like it should have been there all along. I didn't bother on the Cup, but that got away with it as the diffuser wasn't so in your face. With the chunky black diffuser it balances the rear better IMO.

6686178105_985221b28a_b.jpg

Clio_200_006 by RodStreet, on Flickr

6686191941_7074a89edd_b.jpg

Clio_200_008 by RodStreet, on Flickr

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

And that pic above is why you should've got a nimbus one Chris...

Owen

ClioSport Admin

Nice one Lee, was having a 'mare on the search trying to find one.

Looks spot on.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Nimbus is too subtle for me. :eek:

Really pleased that I added the GT spoiler though. Looks spot on.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Great choices all round mate! I'm really tempted by one myself at the moment.

Also, I have to agree with your spoiler choice. The cup spoiler looks way too Halfords-esque to me. I imagine it would be great if you were 17 and spent a lot of time at McDonald's. Love the GT spoiler!

Lee

BMW M2C

Nimbus is too subtle for me. :eek:

Really pleased that I added the GT spoiler though. Looks spot on.

Good call Chris.

I had Red with the Trophy, white on the cup and blue on 172 and 182. I very nearly bought a red 200 as its definitely one of the best colours. I'm an old b*****d so the more subtle nimbus is fine by me. The black roof etc. really set it off. You rarely see either colour.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Good call Chris.

I had Red with the Trophy, white on the cup and blue on 172 and 182. I very nearly bought a red 200 as its definitely one of the best colours. I'm an old b*****d so the more subtle nimbus is fine by me. The black roof etc. really set it off. You rarely see either colour.

Cheers mate. It was the pictures of yours that made me add the GT spoiler... So I'll collect my £205 at CSS, yeah? :eek:

AK

M240i

Not bad, Mr Christoper "I don't think the 200 suits a spoiler" Turner.

Good choice dude.

I think the 200 looks a tad bland without some kind of spoiler!

Cup spoiler for me though! :cool:

wh0re -

5424439651_71a3914f5a_z.jpg

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C

Cheers mate. It was the pictures of yours that made me add the GT spoiler... So I'll collect my £205 at CSS, yeah? :eek:

I was surprised a guy with your impecable taste hadn't gone for the GT. Now it's perfect. :approve:

320d

Proper hero spec this Chris. Looking forward to seeing it in my rear view mirror on the way to Le Mans ;)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

I haven't seen the GT spoiler before, looks good :)

They do look like something is missing without a spoiler.

Are there any more options left for you to tick now lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.