ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres for Williams

Im going to be getting a full set of tyres soon and am pretty keen on getting good quality ones to replace the 185/55/15 Michelin Pilot HX tyres I have all round at the moment.

They dont look very exciting, but these Pilots seem to be the best set of tyres Ive had (Yoko, Goodyear etc in the past) and Id like some similar Michelins to replace them.

The thing is that they seem so expensive, especially in 185/55 size! Id prefer to keep to this size as Ive kept the Willy standard in every other way.

Does anyone have these tyres or any other theyd recommend?

Cheers :D

replacing the tyres on my valver very soon and after some deliberation think im going to go for uniroyal rainsports.

ive got avon zv1s on my 16v, and ive had no probs with it in both the wet & dry, (mine are 195/55/15)as they were cheaper.

williams and trophy

hehe iv got the same problem lol

185/55/15 exaltos are waaaaaaaaaaay too much ££££££££££s

so im gunna go for te 195/50s and hope that the sidewalls are softer than pirrellis

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 01 February 2004

Im going to be getting a full set of tyres soon and am pretty keen on getting good quality ones to replace the 185/55/15 Michelin Pilot HX tyres I have all round at the moment.

They dont look very exciting, but these Pilots seem to be the best set of tyres Ive had (Yoko, Goodyear etc in the past) and Id like some similar Michelins to replace them.

The thing is that they seem so expensive, especially in 185/55 size! Id prefer to keep to this size as Ive kept the Willy standard in every other way.

Does anyone have these tyres or any other theyd recommend?

Cheers :D
get em from CostCo mate there well cheap !

pilots are very good tyres. my choice of summer tyres would be pilots, or goodyear F1 (excellent on wet too), or toyo proxes (very cheap and very good) or potenza S02 (if u can find some)

i wouldnt consider much else. the willy is VERY sensitive to tyre choice and with the wrong rubbers can turn istantly from a beautifully handling car to a total and dangerous dog.

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 01 February 2004
Im going to be getting a full set of tyres soon and am pretty keen on getting good quality ones to replace the 185/55/15 Michelin Pilot HX tyres I have all round at the moment.  They dont look very exciting, but these Pilots seem to be the best set of tyres Ive had (Yoko, Goodyear etc in the past) and Id like some similar Michelins to replace them.  The thing is that they seem so expensive, especially in 185/55 size!  Id prefer to keep to this size as Ive kept the Willy standard in every other way.  Does anyone have these tyres or any other theyd recommend? Cheers :D

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Think they sold at £150 last time and then went on sale again so seems the seller forgot to put a reserve and listed them again. £62 each on mytyres.

I have standard tyres on both my williams. Not sure what other tyres are like, but the michelin ones seem expensive. I too would keep the original tyre as all the development work on the car was done with these tyres. Not sure if changing them would be a great idea.

They are £72 on My-Tyres going by my prices spreadsheets.

I can do them for £68 and if you are local will meet you some where.

I am down in southend on the 21st Feb if that is any help.

If you want to get them delivered it will cost you £15 to a business address.

Thanks.

/y0z

Thats very kind mate and I may take you up on the offer if I can find somewhere thatll fit the tyres! Everywhere Ive been to insists on fitting their own supplied tyres.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

The place i took mine to was rapidfit ford, £10er for 2 balanced and fitted.

Kwikfit are normally my fav, they will fit em. Im sure.