ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turini fitted but...

500 Twinair
Fitted some speedline turini to my 182, et48, but the car doesnt seem to handle as well as when they were on the 182 cup alloys. The only thing i can think of is that the tyres are 195 not 205, they havent been balanced or the tracking done since on my car. The offset is et 48.

Anything i can do...
Am thinking of new suspension but want to get this sorted first.

Any advice welcome...

Thanks

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
I think ET38 to ET43 is about right, not sure what ET48 would do for the handling?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive not noticed any handling problems with mine and im running 195s. but mine are trophy turinis which are et 45

182 Cup
You've made the track shorter by 6mm in total and it shouldn't really be a problem. Have you fitted the same brand tyres that you were running previously? Are the pressures correct?

500 Twinair
Tyre pressures are the same as always ran, 32 front, 30 back.
Tyres are now toyo px4 and not the michelin i ran, not too impressed with the toyos.
Would that make a difference?

182 Cup
Having a different make/type of tyre could be the difference. How many miles have you done on them? New tyres don't give their full grip until they have a good few miles under them.

500 Twinair
Bout 2000 miles on them, compared to the michelin they arent as good but considering that toyo make the the r888 i expected them to be better.

182 Cup
Well, if they haven't been balanced and you haven't had the alignment checked yet, I'd suggest doing that. Don't K-tec balance the wheels though? (I'm presuming you bought a wheel/tyre combo from them).

Also, if you aren't too far away (I'm near Maidstone) I'll take you out in mine if you want to see what the AST suspension is like.

500 Twinair
I bought 2nd from someone who bought from ktec as wheel/tyre package, assume they have been balanced but will check with a tyre garage.

Am in ashford, that would be excellent.

Fitted some speedline turini to my 182, et48, but the car doesnt seem to handle as well as when they were on the 182 cup alloys. The only thing i can think of is that the tyres are 195 not 205, they havent been balanced or the tracking done since on my car. The offset is et 48.

Anything i can do...
Am thinking of new suspension but want to get this sorted first.

Any advice welcome...

Thanks

I would get both of these done before trying anything else.

500 Twinair
thankyou for the help and advice guys, will try to sort this tommorrow and let you know how this goes

106 GTI
PX4 is a lower rated tyre than T1Rs isnt it?

Tracking shouldnt be affected as nothing to do with steering has beel altered, balancing would effect wobbleing through the steering wheel/car so that shouldnt really affect turn in.

Id say its a combination of a narrower tread and lower offset and tyre quality

10mm less tread + 10mm less offset + worse tyres.

Thats 40mm difference in the cars track!!

Tav

Clio 197
Bout 2000 miles on them, compared to the michelin they arent as good but considering that toyo make the the r888 i expected them to be better.

Michelin spend way more on R&D than any other tyre manufacturer I believe. Toyo might make the R888 but Michelin make the Pilot Sport Cup and that's good enough for OE fitment on Porsche GT2's. I find the the Pilot Exalto 2's on my Cup to be absolutely fantastic rain or shine, didn't have much troubles keeping up with an R888 shod Integra Type R on the road either. Yet to try them on track but they are great on road.

The PE2 doesn't have the firmest of sidewalls to start with apparently.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
I believe the toyos are an 84V rated tyres, both in the PX4 and T1Rs. IIRC the PE2 is 91V?? Open to correction though. I personally swear by the Continental Sport Contact 2 tyres, though its the Contact 3 used on the 197. Id get the spacers to widen the track slightly and get the wheels balanced and the car tracked. Then when you can, change the tyres. Though, the toyos probably wont last that long anyways :D

500 Twinair
Got the wheels balanced today and the tracking done, the car is now back to normal thank god, thanks for all your advice guys.