ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy insurance valuation advice

Clio 200
I was involved in an accident in my Trophy 2 weeks ago. Other driver admitted fault, but I chose to involve my insurance to handle my side of it.
Anyway, my car has been classed as a cat C, based on the cost of the repair (£3000) and their valuation of the car (£2770)

Naturally I've refused the offer and requested a reevaluation, but I'm after some advice on what to do next. I've already sent them a list of adverts for around 8 other Trophy's, starting from £5750.
What happens if their next offer is still low? Can I realistically expect a pay out near to what they actually sell for?

Ford Mustang 5.0
It seems like they have valued it based on a normal 182 as opposed to a trophy. Hopefully your examples and pointing out to them that the Trophy is a limited run model with a higher price.

If that doesnt yield a higher offer then you could instruct your own independent engineer to do an inspection as a second opinion.

Clio 200
Any suggestions on companies that do this? Google just seems to yield numerous reg check services. Or is it something a garage that deals with classic/rare cars could help me with?