ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip Computer Reset

172 FF
I have a 52 reg mk2 ph 2 Clio 172. Everytime I restart the engine I lose my mpg, miles done etc and it resets to 0. Does anyone else suffer this problem or know how to fix it? cheers

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Mine did it last year at about this time of year. The cold weather is usually the death of a weak battery.

There are some very complicated "cures" alot of people suggest but it really is the simple case of the battery needing changing.
One tip. When you switch on the ignition and turn the key to start the engine keep an eye on the fuel gauge.
If it drops during starting then rises again then it means the dash is losing power due to the lack of juice as the remaining power is turning the starter.

Lotus Elise 111R
I bought the heavy duty one from Halfords, £60 iirc, works perfectly and 3 year guarantee....