ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trade Policies

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
As we know, i have multiple cars,
Its a right pain when i buy another and I have to insure it.

So what's the best options?
Right now I think I am £450 for all the cars combined.

But what about other cars that could potentially buy and sell quickly?
What do you guys do for people with 3 cars or more all owned by the same person?

53 Clio's & counting
ive just stopped my trade insurance - be aware most will ask for proof that you are a trader - I had to send over invoices.

That price for all your cars is a VERY good one, my trade policy (at 33 with full no claims and 5 years being with the company) was over £1000 and 90% don't like modified cars too - i'd keep with what you have

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
ive just stopped my trade insurance - be aware most will ask for proof that you are a trader - I had to send over invoices.

That price for all your cars is a VERY good one, my trade policy (at 33 with full no claims and 5 years being with the company) was over £1000 and 90% don't like modified cars too - i'd keep with what you have
Hi Russ, sorry I didnt state that policy was mine all on separate individual policies with the same company.
Didn't realise trade policies where so expensive.

53 Clio's & counting
When I started I was paying around the £650 mark mate and even though I never missed a payment and no claims, it slowly went up every year to the point where it just wasn't worth it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My trade policy was £1,800 a year and covered road risk only. No theft or anything like that. I was insured to drive anybody else's car up to £20k and personal cars up to £10k.

Unless you're actually trading and need trade insurance, it will always be cheaper to insure it normally.

That's not forgetting that if you have a serious crash and hurt someone, they WILL find you're not actually a trader and you could end up in a whole world of s**t.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
God forbid you did have a claim on a trade policy either.... Bend over, leave the lube to one side you won't be needing any!

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
mine was £1400 on cars unto £20k, we have 4 personal cars and they add up to £1000 now but it's for a better level of cover.

Volvo S60 T5
£3500 for my trade policy , if you are not a trader you will be fucked come claim time.
Unless you can prove you buy and sell cars or repair them don't bother. Also you will get minimal payouts on your car's with a trade policy.