ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track car footwear

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Any recommendations- believe soft soles are the best, to gauge how well the car is doing
Not paying loadsa money for softened up trainers- so any advice

Dont fancy looking like a Lewis in his diddy boots either....

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I have race boots but that's because I wanted them for rallying...and I'm a tart.

Some nice narrow trainers with the thinnest soles possible is what you want.

WRX
Cheap option if you're not into being ripped off by brands......Lonsdale.

Seriously, they do one that's about £25 and ideal as it has a rolled heel. The Camden, they also do a mid a bit like a boxer's boot. They're good too, I've used both. Somebody scoffed when I suggested them to him before but guess what? He tried them and agreed.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Searched for a thread, nothin came up
Have some Pumas, the soles may be thin, but hard

172 Ph1
Had these for ages , and feedback from them is really quite good . @£20 couldn't say no.

dc5085428e92aa940254d4b09c2173fb.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What about gloves? I'm not gonna bother with 'scene' shooz, but I wouldn't mind some gloves to counter act my sweaty palms

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Think I'll go for some of those. OMP KS-3 bad lads.
I'm only a medium hand?! I'm so out of proportion, my helmet (my head, not my bellend) is XXL!!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah I was gonna order L so it's a good thing I went into DT to try before I bought!!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I have Alpinestar karting gloves in Black and White (Dad has Black and Green and Mum Red and White) and then I have some old Puma Speedcat trainers.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Seen that Sports Direct do quite a few cheapos round £20, and I'm hoping cheapos will have a thin sole and be generally thin all over to be able to feel around the pedals.Gonna go try a few on.

Dont like how they treat their staff, mind. Awful employee treatment by the looks of the documentries

Clio 172
I have a few pairs of shoes but I use the Lonsdale shoes mentioned the most. Not the ones in the pictures, a "stripe" down the side, available in a wide range of colours. £25 from Sports Direct. I went for all black. A rolled heel, not too thick sole (they get better every time I wear them), stiffish sole (you DON'T want soft, you'll lose feel), good wear rate, fairly waterproof. I walk tests on Autosolos and Autotests plus some of the venues we use for Targa, Historic and Road Rallies need better resistance from the elements than my Nomex boots.

Gloves, I picked up some AWS FIA gloves at the Autosport Show, only £30 from Lille Racewear. Non-FIA gloves were a little cheaper, but FIA gloves are needed if you want to try Sprinting. I'll be wearing them at the Great Western Sprint at Castle Combe tomorrow. I don't care what gloves look like as long as they fit and are comfortable. Think about how much padding you want on the palm - less gives better feel but on rougher rallies the padding can help. The padding soon gets flattened anyway so going a little more padded won't be an issue.

Clio 172
These Lombard shoes. Dirty after the Javalin's Jumbo Targa Rally on Sunday.

Attachments

• 2017-03-27 14.32.38.jpg
    2017-03-27 14.32.38.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 49