ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White ph1 172 track car. Epic content!

Trafic 140dci
Bit of an update! Dropped the car off at a local Stainless Steel exhaust place today that came recomended, as some of you may know, i haven't been to happy with how the Oreca exhaust sat on the rear hanger and at Snetterton it kept coming off the rear exhaust mount. So having them shorten my decat to bring it in a bit :) Just trying to get as many of these little jobs done before it goes into Matt for mapping.

- Cigarette lighter doesn't work, i will need this for Nurburgring for my Tw@t Nav.
- Fit my Mocal oil cooler, new elf oil & genuine Renault oil filter. (Will now be done by Matt with the mapping and gearbox)
- Buy and fit some light weight H&R front spacers, have heavy Delta Mic's at the moment, and i don't trust there build quality.
- Buy and fit front stud and nut conversion.

Getting there now :D

Ph1 172
Thanks mate, i know, i'm more surprised no one has done it since you done it! I done it mainly because one of my fixings in the wing had snapped off, but glad i done it now.

Your car looks bad ass in that picture! Saw some really good pictures of it in your project thread whilst trying to find the Aerocatch pictures. Shame it's not still about, looked a beautiful machine, can't wait to see DannyR's once it's done :)[/QUOTE]

I have this :D

Trafic 140dci
Got the car back yesterday from Power and Performance in Norwich after having my Decat shortened so exhaust now fits lovelly, very happy with that.

Dropped the car off with Matt at TDF this morning, was good to meet Tony Hunter & Jay Payne and have a little nose at their race car, all be it wasn't for long as I had a girlfriend wanting to go shopping :(

Fingers crossed I'll have it back ready for North Wealds meet, but not getting my hopes up untill I here the verdict on my gearbox.

Think I counted 8 Clio's at TDF today? Clio p**n lol.

i know, poxy clio`s all over that place... there only mine and a fez tarnishing the bunch...

fingers crossed the gearbox is an easy/quick/cheap fix

Trafic 140dci
Time for an update!

Got the car back today from TDF, went in last week to mainly have the gearbox looked at as it wasn't going into first, whilst it was there i thought it would be rude not to have the well needed map my car so badly needs too :) So i got it all booked up to go in on the 10th. After booking it in for the following works a set of 421 cams come up for sale on ebay, made the guy an offer and come to a good deal with him. So spoke to Matt and added that to the list of work he's doing.

I was going to do an oil/filter/spark plug change and fit my mocal oil cooler before the car went in, BUT as the car was being cammed whilst it was with TDF it seemed rude not to have Matt do it so he could put me some ARP rod bolts in too.

So left the car with TDF on the 10th and collected it back today. The results are as below, i've also posted the graph from my old Cup as that gives a good comparison of with/without cam's on ITB's.

Old Cup:
6653303945_ba4e00b72c_b.jpg

Cammed ph1:
photo17.jpg

Also had a good meet today at North Wealds was good to meet some more new people :)

Golf GTD Mk7
Nice results Lewis. We're you the lad getting into the corsa. Mine was the gordini. I arrived when you were leaving I think

Trafic 140dci
Nice results Lewis. We're you the lad getting into the corsa. Mine was the gordini. I arrived when you were leaving I think
Thanks mate, yeah I was the one with hair lol, was in a bit of a hurry when I dropped it off as I was going shopping in Cambridge with the girlfriend so she wanted to get going. What was yours in for?

Trafic 140dci
Thanks lads :)

ph-reebone - What spec is yours running?

Took it out to get some pictures today seeing as the weather was.. sh*t lol, my camera/ editing skills are rubbish, so be kind to me :eek:

edited3.jpg

edited2.jpg

edited1.jpg

Trafic 140dci
So with the intention of doing the RAF Marham Charity track day, going on advise from people who have been before, i really don't want to be using my 2118's & A048 wheel/tyre combination as the concrete surface will kill my tyres.

So for the past few weeks i've been trying optimistic bids on wheels on ebay to no luck. When yesterday a set of OZ f1's in very rough condition came up 40 miles from my house, so made him an offer, an he accepted so collected the wheels straight away.

Got home early today plan was to sand them down ready for spraying. It's only going to be a rattle can job just to make them presentable.

Here are they how i got them:

P1010118.jpg

Gave them a quick clean:

P1010122.jpg

I then attempted to sand them down to find the paint job was very poor and very soft, so cant be sanded down and painted over, all the black paint needs to come off :dapprove: so need to get them sand blasted now.

With a bit more spare time on my hands i decided to pop my front badge off to clean behind it and spray it Satin black to match my colour theme a bit better.

Here is the car with the badge off and behind it cleaned.

photo24.jpg

Badge primed up, will spray it black tomorrow.

photo22.jpg

Currently on the look out for a set of part worn 15" tyres for these wheels. So if anyone has anything give me a shout ;)

The wheels where painted by can before.

If we were organised you could of paid for them, i could of got them off steve and got them sand blasted in the unit next door to me :p lol,

How much you pay? also what colour are they going to be?

Trafic 140dci
The wheels where painted by can before.

If we were organised you could of paid for them, i could of got them off steve and got them sand blasted in the unit next door to me :p lol,

How much you pay? also what colour are they going to be?
Any chance if i come down to yours at the weekend you could sand black them for some beer tokens?

TBH i was just going to sand the black smooth and paint over it, but it's really soft.

I paid £100 which i think is fair, bidded on a few sets similar to this one ebay and they gone for £120 - £150 and i'd of had to spend £30 on a courier for them, £13 petrol in my girlfriends Corsa was alot cheaper :p Steve actually said he was expecting to hear my clio lol.

Going to go Satin black, reason being is i already have a can of this, (i know i need more before someone says) and if i decide to sell them it's an easy to sell colour, really want to do them red though :p

Do them red to match the cage :)

Do you not have anywhere local that does cheap powder coating as I sent mine to CAS coating and it was £15 a wheel that includes blasting and painting? I would offer for you to post them to me, I will get them done for you and then post back but by the time you would of payed for all that postage I guess it would tot up :(

For me £15 a wheel worked out cheaper than buying all the stuff to do it myself and it is a much better/ harder finish :)

Trafic 140dci
I shall find out for you tomorrow! Drop me a text in the morning to remind me :)

Thats decent price! ive offered to buy them so many times lol.

Sounds good to me :)
Nice one mate appreciate it :) Well tbh it did go through my mind how come Dan hasn't had them, but then guessed it was coz you just had a williams wheels fetish :p

Do them red to match the cage :)

Do you not have anywhere local that does cheap powder coating as I sent mine to CAS coating and it was £15 a wheel that includes blasting and painting? I would offer for you to post them to me, I will get them done for you and then post back but by the time you would of payed for all that postage I guess it would tot up :(

For me £15 a wheel worked out cheaper than buying all the stuff to do it myself and it is a much better/ harder finish :)

This is what i'm thinking, but i've only bought them for the one track day really, then to re sell them, red would look trick, i'm very tempted.

I think i'll give some places some calls tomorrow, if i can get them sand blasted & powdercoated for £15 a wheel i will. But when my local bodyshop done my Turini's it was £55 per wheel, don't want to spend that sort of dolla on these. Will give some places a call tomorrow. But like you say to send them to you and back again will be near on £60.

Would look awesome red :cool:

Yes it wouldn't be cheap for postage I would guess £40-60 both ways so it sort of cancels out the bargain refurb but the offer is there if you need it mate :)

Discounted 1*2 parts
Not sure if it has been mentioned already but there is that place Birmingham way that was doing powdercoating for £15-£20 per wheel iirc

Whoa cams!!

I'm still undecided on them to be honest as it's a lot of money for another 10bhp - it would pay for a nurburgring trip :D

By the way if I haven't said - I love your car an insane amount. I wish mine was white :(

Trafic 140dci
Thanks Phil, i was only looking at yours the other day thinking i do miss my cup.. But i do prefer the white one :)

Finished spraying my diamond today :) pretty happy with that tbh. Don't know if i should do my mirrors too?

photo23.jpg

photo22-1.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Absolutely in love with this thing lewis, red 2118's would be epic btw, even though I know its the F1's you'll be painting

Trafic 140dci
Thanks mate, I'll see how i get on with the F1's first, 2118's do need a refurb due to lots of brake dust ground into them, but wasn't going to bother yet as they still look alright :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Red wheels will look good for track work may want to get a red diamond too,then keep the 2118s black with black diamond for the road.

You going to come to Snetterton on the 30th.

Trafic 140dci
I agree with you, but the 2118's have spent there life as track wheels so have about an inch of brake dust on them so also need a refurb, and then would have to change tyres over too. Which is more $$$. So going to keep them for track for now, untill this set of A048's are dead then I'll refurb them and save them for the road :) use the OZ f1's for road and marham for now.

I think I'll try another diamond get a cheap one second hand :)

Doubt I'll be at Snetterton now, need to save some cash just renewed my insurance, and just had all that work done at TDF.

On the insurance note Brentacre FTW. Everything declared, insured to 215bhp, 3 points on my licence, 3 years NCB £1150, sky and flux couldn't come close

Red wheels will look good for track work may want to get a red diamond too,then keep the 2118s black with black diamond for the road.

You going to come to Snetterton on the 30th.