ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White ph1 172 track car. Epic content!

Trafic 140dci
Yeah bud it's me Carl. Looks good tho the swap. I would love to see a white ph2 tho ;) keep shell for a respray?

Oh right, Thanks mate. There's 3 or 4 white ph2's on here, my ph1 is the only white ph1 172 ;) There is one on the banner but that's sport rep i believe. No i really couldn't afford to have it sprayed, gonna cost thousands. Most of the parts are off now, the shell will be going on ebay soon, still has 6 months MOT.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
White Phase 2's are common now..:(

This phase 1 wins the battle of the white clio's..

Trafic 140dci
Bit of an update! Well my target was to have the car done and ready for today's meet in Bury and i've done it! still have a list as long as my arm of little snags to do, but nothing urgent. Had the day off Thursday so fitted my whiteline ARB, easy 10 min job, then gave the car a bloody good wash, clay, polish and waxed it. Was going to put some AG sealant on it, but didn't have time. Car now looks superb and i'm really proud to say it's mine. So here are the pictures.

Yesterday had a bit of rain so grabbed a beading shot :)

P1010039.jpg

Today i was out at 8am (dedication!) with the Auto Glym Quick Deatiler to get it perfect for today.

P1010045.jpg

P1010046.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010050.jpg

P1010051.jpg

P1010052.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010057.jpg

So what's left to do now you ask?

- I have 2 bolts sheered off that holds them little plates on between the subframe and chassis, need to sort them.
- Cigarette lighter doesn't work, i will need this for Nurburgring for my Tw@t Nav.
- Washer jet's motor has had it so need to change that.
- Lower front suspension, raise the rear (get the balance right so i can get over the hump at the end of my drive)
- Steal Bomber's idea of aerocatching front bumper as my clips are broken.
- Fit my Mocal oil cooler, new elf oil & genuine Renault oil filter.
- Tidy up under my engine bay.
- Fit my Vibratronics upper gearbox mount.
- Buy and fit some light weight H&R front spacers, have heavy Delta Mic's at the moment.
- Buy and fit front stud and nut conversion.
- Buy and fit a Skoda splitter

Mk3 clio 1.5
Love to see another white 172 :) Loving the work done to it, what size trumpets have been used for the fog light cold air feed? was thinking of doing the same a while back.

Trafic 140dci
Thanks for all the comments :)

Love to see another white 172 :) Loving the work done to it, what size trumpets have been used for the fog light cold air feed? was thinking of doing the same a while back.

Thanks, no idea! They came on the car, just want to get some ducting so i can force the air towards the brakes.

I kept wondering why you had taken a pic of your wing mirror and cage, then realised what was in the mirror :eek:

Haha, yeah i was harnessed in so couldn't get very close.

Trafic 140dci
They sat flush, ill find a pic, sorry for hi-jacking your thread lewis :p
That picture makes me sad, as my bumper once fitted properly!
No worries for the Hijack mate, not alot happening with the project anyway! Got a few Snags out of the way today. I fitted a new washer jet motor this morning, went round DannyR's he then got one of the bolt threads out so i could fix the subframe. He also fitted my Upper gearbox mount, although whilst doing it, i P/X my battery tray and gearbox mount bracket thing for his he'd powder coated :) so tidied up the engine bay abit, trouble is it's all hidden under the ECU lol.

I don't think there is a ph1 bumper that fits right, and stays there lol, i'm hoping when i fit aerocatch's to my front bumper they might help.

Trafic 140dci
I've got my insurance for renewal on march 21st, so gonna wait untill that is done, want to pay the year off :) But if anyone else off here is there i'll come to watch :)

You can be actually :) Was going to put my mate whos coming to the ring with us on as an additional driver also :)

I shall see, im off for two weeks in april, but on holiday for part of that so im hunting for a trackday then also lol .

Trafic 140dci
Bad day today... After lowering the suspension to be just right, went for a sunday drive seeing as the weather was nice. On the way home i pulled upto a junction, went to select first gear and couldn't get it. So came home and posted a thread on here, as all my other gears appeared to be working as per normal it was diagnosed as a gearbox problem. Tony Hunter recormended Agency Transmissions, who i had considered. But after thinking, the car soon needs a new clutch, and whilst it's all out i may aswell lighten the flywheel. I then gave Matt at TDF a text see if he'd do the lot, and give the car it's well needed map! So i'm thinking this will be the easier option, saves me having to take the gearbox out my self, and i know i will get everything done right, and the car will have that map it so badly needs! So hopefully should have the car up there in a couple of weeks :)

Trafic 140dci
We'll have to see if Matt will do us a group discount lol!

Silent_scone, would be good if you were, would love to have a look at your car, paint job looks sweet :)

Sounds great Lewis, the car looks like its doing really well! You must be over the moon with it! Shame about the gearbox :( Is Matt sending it off to CTS? They did my box and did a very good job! Hope your well :)