ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The truth about transmission oil?

I wouldn't ever use a GL5 oil in a french gearbox box.

Plenty of people are using the Fuchs Sintofluid (75w-80, GL5) in Clio, Megane, Peugeot and Citroen gearboxes without any issues at all. Technically, a GL5 oil should be backwards compatible with a GL4 application, but people often have concerns due to brass synchros. Quality GL5 oils are made with the same additives as a GL4 oil, but in higher quantities than in a GL4. Less reputable oil companies use different additives that attack yellow metals in GL5 oils, making the oil unsuitable for GL4 applications.

Cheers

Tim

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I called Renault UK and they could not tell me so Renault UK then called a Renault Sport Dealer in london and they could not tell Renault Uk customer services what oil went into the car but they did say that it took 3.1L

I have posted the the question to Allen Collen on "Ask The Experts" over on the Renault Uk Forum so im awaiting a responce from that and also customer services have fired off an e-mail to there Technical side so i await a responce from them also.

Clio Sport Phase I
Hi everyone. I'm sorry for update this old topic. I did not find other.

I have some noises in my gear box. Which additive can I put on?

Thanks

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Hi everyone. I'm sorry for update this old topic. I did not find other.

I have some noises in my gear box. Which additive can I put on?

Thanks

If you have noises, I think it may be too late for additives.