ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Evo 5 RS
lol, I'll do some proper benchies with actual strenuous stuff when I get a moment. They're seriously powerful bits of kit, even compared with the GK104 (680 GTX)

Any recommendations on a powerfull gpu with the price of £250-£350
Was going to get 2 6950's but that mean a whole new MB and Its a waste, would rather sell my current 6950 and buy a single powerful card.

Evo 5 RS
The 4GB FTW one is on gumtree for £350.... Anyone want to lend me £350?

I had these, awesome cards. Only had them 2 months lol.

Phone snap of the cards in situ ...

20130514121942.jpg

All settings on Ultra /High, with SSAA on 4x (This is the killer unless you have an SLi setup of sorts). Constant 60 FPS

tombraidersettings.png

tombraider2013031521500.png

Note Uber Sampling is enabled.

settingswitcher.jpg

115 FPS here, average is around 65-70 FPS.

witcher2201305141205193.png

Evo 5 RS
lol, this ^

It's understandable just having consoles, but spending say 2,000 + on a PC, and then missing out on the occasional exclusive game on console for the sake of £300-400 notes. Sense no make

ST1050, 320d
lol, this ^ It's understandable just having consoles, but spending say 2,000 + on a PC, and then missing out on the occasional exclusive game on console for the sake of £300-400 notes. Sense no make

For the sake of £3-400? I don't have that kind of money to spunk on something I may or may not use! lol.

I'm a PC gamer and I've spent countless thousands on my gear over the years, but I've still always owned the consoles. What's the point in having a killer PC if you can't also play amazing console exclusives? IMO if you can't afford to do both then just have the consoles instead.

I'm a PC gamer and I've spent countless thousands on my gear over the years, but I've still always owned the consoles. What's the point in having a killer PC if you can't also play amazing console exclusives? IMO if you can't afford to do both then just have the consoles instead.

So when it comes down to it you would rather console?
PC has way more to give than a console imo, can have more than 1 monitor, most games are dedicated servers, graphics are better, and can download mods for the games. e.g steam box (is it steam box? or Steam community)

Evo 5 RS
Probably about 3 since 2001. lol.

Just kidding, fair few. Forza MS Series, Gears Of War...2 and 3. lol. Uncharted Series, Halo.

To be fair you could probably count them on both hands, but never mind.

ST1050, 320d
Probably about 3 since 2001. lol.

Just kidding, fair few. Forza MS Series, Gears Of War...2 and 3. lol. Uncharted Series, Halo.

To be fair you could probably count them on both hands, but never mind.

I don't play any of those, except maybe Forza. I'm more of a RTS/RPG/FPS person really, so surely PC would be the way to go. I always used to play PC games as well as console until a few years ago when my PC became too s**t to handle any modern games...

Screenshots are pointless really unless they're full resolution and no compression.

Where the PC versions of games tend to excel is in resolution, anti-aliasing, frame rates and vsync. These aren't very easy to portray in web quality images.

I've looked for a Portal thread but couldn't find any, so If anyone has Portal 1 can they send me a screen shot of room 05 entrance sign where it says:
05 and what is involved in the level its the big white sign at the start. I only had portal 1 on xbox I think so. Just for a project I want to do lol

2014 Focus Titanium
My PC is donkey's years old and still s***s all over the current gen consoles. BF3 on my Xbox 360 is nasty!

My current spec is:

Intel Q6600 Quad Core @ 3.2ghz
4GB DDR8000 RAM @ 1020mhz
60GB SATA3 SSD (think it's an OCZ Vortex?) + 2TB HDD
AMD 6870 1GB overclocked a bit
Asus Xonar Sound Card

This system plays BF3 on medium settings 1080P @ around 45-50fps constant which I'm happy with considering the age of the system, all apart from the graphics and SSD I'v have for 5 years. Like I said above, going back to my Xbox and playing BF3 at 600p @ 30fps is absolutely shocking. The new generation of consoles are long overdue.

All my money tends to go on other interests/hobbies at the moment: golf, AV, photography.

I tend to only game in the winter with my mates as we are all big into golf so as soon as the clocks go forward in March we spend most hours on the course :).

Having said that, between 6/7 of us we still host around 3 LANs a year. Nothing beats a good LAN, we just play everything we can. And of course the odd 5v5 on CSS like the good ol' days :D

2014 Focus Titanium
I remember the Q66!! That thing could Overclock like a boss lol.
You've said golf...... looks like im going down the range today after a ride on the bikes :)

Haha good lad! Yes the Q6600 is f*cking bulletproof, mine's had the tits overclocked off it for 5 years solid :D