ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
[emoji2]

75fd760f02c0a69c4a0afe13c00007f6.jpg

Its your fault i started to do so much to my sunflower! Seeing this mint made me want one... Never got as far lol

phase 1 flamer 172
Heres how mine looks at the moment, although I don't like the front end of the phase 2, I began to prefer the more pure lines of the non sport phase 1. So sport sill covers, wings and front panel removed and fitted with non sport parts, quickly sprayed up with aerosols so I didn't expect a brilliant finish. Also added some phase 2 172 rims as I wanted the after market rims that were fitted to go on my latest project.
DSCF0989_zpso3wqnuql.gif

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
where can I get those headlights ! I want them so bad 😧
also , do you have spacers ?

If you remove your headlights, you can heat up the edges of the lens with a heat gun untill the glue goes soft. Once it's soft, you can unclip the lens cover. Get some antibacterial wipes and rub off the chrome around the bulbs. This will give you the black headlamp look. Once finished, clip the lens cover back on and refit.

Is there a guide for the Ph2 dash conversion? do you keep the passenger airbag? i assume some loom adjustments for a couple of switches? do you use the ph2 steering cowling to?

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Is there a guide for the Ph2 dash conversion? do you keep the passenger airbag? i assume some loom adjustments for a couple of switches? do you use the ph2 steering cowling to?
yeah im sure there is one in the guides section somewhere, Ive ditched the air bag as the plugs were different but im sure there would be a way of keeping an airbag, just the lock buttons and hazard switches need moving to the top the rest is straight fit and i think the clocks need screwing down but i cant 100% remember. With the cowling it needs screwing down as the holes dont line up, ive not got round to it so its just clipped together over the stalks at the minute which tbh isnt too bad anyway