ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Odyssey (Phase 1 172) - By Coops

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Teeny tiny update, just been using the car daily, nothing to report so fitted a new rear wiper blade as something to do, lol

Old and split

DSC_2679.JPG

New and minty

DSC_2680.JPG

Cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Nothing to report on this currently, she's still in daily duties mode and just cranking the miles currently!
I have collected a few bits for paint over the winter and still need to get the original wheels refurbed in silver as well.
Once I have the RB back I will be able to retire the car for the winter and concentrate on getting it sorted!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Few things I've changed on what was obviously a project to return the car to completely standard.....................oops!lol!

Way I see it though, all the mods are bolt on and easily removed and I am slowly sorting all the parts to put to 100% stock which I will do early next year.

In the meantime I'm just messing about adding things, and first of all I picked up a set of Willwood brakes for the mk1 trackcar and lad I had them off also sold me a bunch of flocked interior panels.

So I got the following to go on:
- Centre lower console in black
- Steering wheel shroud in black
- A Pillar trims in black
- Handbrake shroud and lower section in black
- Door trims front and rear in grey

bits:

DSC_2883.JPG

before fitting

DSC_2886.JPG

after fitting

DSC_2895.JPG

DSC_2897.JPG

And also been running the car around on the speedline maracana's for a bit..........although that's changed again now, see the next post, as I am a complete wheel whore! lol!

DSC_2898.JPG

cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Then I did something silly again, I just can't resist a. a bargain and b. wheels!!!lol!

So two sets of wheels popped up for sale in the classifieds and I arranged to collect the lot from Cambridge, along with a set of brand new AD08R tyres from Birmingham on my travels.

I've never used the AD08's before and hear nothing but good things, so looking forward to putting them through their paces!

Anyway, for a very reasonable sum I collected a set of 182 cup wheels with decent Michelin PE2 tyres on them for the RB when I eventually get it back, the 4x 15" AD08R tyres and a set of basically brand new Speedline 675 alloy wheels. Literally had tyres fitted, trial fitted to old owners car, then removed and boxed back up before I purchased them.

They are a wheel that I was aware Speedline released relatively recently and knew I'd like a set but wasn't willing to pay the price asked new, so as soon as I saw these....I was all over them!

As collected, right haul!lol!

DSC_2978.JPG

DSC_2981.JPG

DSC_2985.JPG

And tyres fitted, no denying they are a sexy rim! ahem!

DSC_2994.JPG

DSC_2996.JPG

DSC_2999.JPG

bit of poke!!! to say the least!

DSC_3001.JPG

cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
And fitted to the car, I wound the front down another 10mm as I think these wheels need lows, and ideally I'd like to go lower and notch the back back down too.....

But the car is my daily, and I need to keep it pratical enough to get over the speedbumps at work currently!

i'm still not 100% on them either, but they're growning on me! Took the car to Mallory Saturday as few of the lads were on track, and I fancied a passneer ride or two, and the odyssey was met with positive comments so all good!

DSC_3006.JPG

cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Nice work mate, looks a lot cleaner than when I saw it!
Never seen those Speedlines before, yours must be the only 1*2 in the country to be running them!

cheers matey, yeah I gave her a bath, she was ditched when I picked the exhaust up, which is all on the car now cheers!
ai don't think I've seen anyone else running these wheels yet

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Small crisis, track rod end shat itself so quick pop to the motor factors for emergency parts and a splash about in the rain to fit the fucker. Happy Thursday! Lol!

Came apart nicely, touch of heat shift the lock nut and jobs a carrot

DSC_3020.JPG

Old loosened off and freed from the hub

DSC_3021.JPG

In bits

DSC_3023.JPG

New one to fit

DSC_3022.JPG

And,new one refitted to track rod to same place as one I removed. So tracking should be okay until I get it done properly. Everything copper greased up too

DSC_3024.JPG

Temp fix this, plan is over the winter I'll grab gen ren rod ends and inner rod kits and do a proper job. But the cars in daily use at mo so just bodge it and scarper for now.

Cheers

Ben

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Latest Speedlines look great Ben. Reminded me of Williams wheels face on until you see them from the side.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Latest Speedlines look great Ben. Reminded me of Williams wheels face on until you see them from the side.

Yeah they're very similar square on then more like the old prima maxi wheels in profile, they're growing on me more and more.

Those wheels would be awesome with some massive calipers behind them.

I was thinking exactly same other day as I approached the car squarely side on at supermarket, some brembo would look decent I reckon, in odyssey blue perhaps...

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Quick update, into winter spec so coilovers off, cup shocks and eibach sportlines on, 20mm front spacers reduced to 16mm and speedline Vegas (ratty wheels) fitted.
DSC_3068.JPG

DSC_3067.JPG

Cheers
Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai me neither but they're winter wheels, so that sort of the point, can rag about in the salt and s**t with them and not worry :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Quick clean of stereo panel, there's a few scratches on it to but better than it was so I'm happy enough for an old motor.
And change of stereo aswell (I hoard stereos nearly as badly as wheels, lol) this is same as first stereo I ever bought for a car back in the day and it got nicked, so I've got one again! Lol! JVC Chameleon, cool thing imo

DSC_3086.JPG

DSC_3087.JPG

DSC_3084.JPG

DSC_3083.JPG

Cheers
Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Jesus, been years since I've seen one of them. Used to sell them when I worked in Halfords and I left there in 2003!

Bought mine from Halfords in Hull in 2002 and was stolen in 2003, lol!
This one came from eBay, obvs. I've actually accumulated 3 of them now, lol, defo the hoarder next door me!

Love that, so retro looking, but fits in perfectly with the age of the car :cool:

I've had a few stereos like most of us but the one I've always loved is the Alpine I bought in 2007 for £250! Just CD and radio with steering wheel control compatibility, no usb, no aux bla bla, although you can plug in an old ipod! I've been so OCD storing it when not fitted in a car its literally like brand new 😂 Anyway, always kept hold of it despite being in many cars and now is what I have fitted in my 182. Has to be done!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Thanks @182_steve I'm in agreement, only thing missing is the stalk controls adapter which I'm not sure i can source for it which is a massive shame. Only way it could be any better is if it was minidisc

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
29-03-2018 Wheels Back

Collected my wheels today from the powdercoaters, happy enough with them it's a decent job for the price and should last a while.
I ummed and ahhhhhd for a while about what to go for, flat silver or metallic sparkle. ....flat would of been more oe but couldn't resist a little bling so went with the flake. It's pretty subtle tbh so happy.
Next step is to paint my 3D printed centre caps, not going to use the bagged ones. I do have one spare silver original cap which I fitted to get an idea of the finished article too :cool:
Anyway pics of shiny stuff :smile:
DSC_3714.JPG
DSC_3720.JPG
DSC_3716.JPG
DSC_3719.JPG
DSC_3717.JPG
DSC_3718.JPG

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Tyres fitted today and clean (ish) bill of health for all 5 F1's. Two with slight buckles but barely anything and everything balanced up fine so I'm more than chuffed in all honesty.
I'll seal them up and get some pics once the centre caps are back from the paint shop!
IMG-20180404-WA0004.jpeg

Worst wheel took this many weights, I'd buy that for a dollar!
DSC_3747.JPG

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
😂😂 same as @T9 0LLE this is the new cs thing isn't it, loading up the car and getting an over the shoulder photo with the wheels in the back

These will look great on the car, nice bit of oem+

I didn't even realise I had copied him until he posted on my pic on Instagram, and then I went back and realised I had liked his pic on there in the first place

subconscious mimicking!