ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The car of my woman is altered

172, Tiguan
Anyone at the Nordschleife this Easter?

Im going to be at the ring Friday 10th till Sunday 12th april, just wondering if anyone else from the club will be there?

Yes I will be there in a E36 BMW with a load of friends from another forum (northloop.co.uk) Hopefully will see you there!

Did the TUV people mind you modifiying the Wiechers rollcage?

Clio II 1,5 dci
For now the last rebuildings are performed. New cathedral camps, bicycle camps, stabi stored and the rear sinked about 2 cm.
On Thursday it goes directly to the Eifel and I'm really strained how the car goes on the Nordschleife. :cool:

Clio II 1,5 dci
The remodelling of my wife's car was worthwile and bears up the fruits now.

The official time is 10:23 min from T13 to T13 since last weekend.

tiTTy & SV650
Your English is excellent. Do you have to submit the car for some sort of test when modified? Our company manufacture motorcycle accessories and for German road use TUV forbid us recommending drilling into the frame or swingarm of the motorcycle.

The car looks great, lots of good work! What does your wife drive now?

Clio II 1,5 dci
Your English is excellent. Do you have to submit the car for some sort of test when modified? Our company manufacture motorcycle accessories and for German road use TUV forbid us recommending drilling into the frame or swingarm of the motorcycle.

The car looks great, lots of good work! What does your wife drive now?

Sorry for answering just now. I don't understand your first sentence, is it possible for you to explain the meaning in an easier way? I hope so. Have a nice day.

This is the car of my wife

1,2 l - 74 HP - it's a wappon ;)

Clio II 1,5 dci
However, the car becomes not driven from the safety standards authority examiners, it must be brought forward every rebuilding measure and be approved.

172 ph2
Great project thread, Alot of work gone into that, but seems a bit odd to do all that on a 1.5, with the money you spent you could have got a cup or something lol

Clio II 1,5 dci
Yes, you are right for this money I could have got a cup car, but you never get an approval for using such a car on the road. You don't get a cup car with a diesel engine and it's very importent for me to drive a diesel.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Wo ist die bibliothek? ;)

I like! Although not sure how a diesel would feel on track, with low rev limits.

I lived with one for 11months, every day i did about 60miles, none motorway, mostly B roads. I can safely say, while they're not quick top end (my dci 80 ran out of puff around 80ish, kept going but slowly) they can certainly hold it on a country lane.

I used to blast to and from college down the backroads, few lads from the motorsport course i was on took same route, standard DCi never had trouble. Was big spec and had sub and amp in too, they corner much like an RS but lift off oversteer feels more apparent in the wet.

Excellent choice, so under rated.

Yeh, I've just recently sold a diesel car, and they are good on B roads etc, but on track having a high rev limit is so much more useful as you can hold on to gears longer etc. I want a diesel again, although being able to rev an engine is fun.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
agree'd the rev's are fun, but if the diesel has loads of torque from low down then there's no need to rev or hold the gears, just go for a higher gear and foot down.

high torque gives much more predictable and controllable wheelspin so less power is lost, plus, you can do loads more laps on same amount of fuel. as the technology moves on, diesels will become better and better, as seen over past 10 or so years.

there isn't really any negatives to either choice for track use, besides that of your own preferrence. if i had the option i'd have both, for different styles of driving/different tracks.

Clio 182 BG
cool, you did it on your own or get some help with it?

please make some pic´s from underneath the hood;)

Clio II 1,5 dci
My first disaster which was documented, it was very slick on Nüburgring Nordschleife during the GLP yesterday.

It wasn't possible to cross the carrousel with a drift, but nothing happened neither with the car nor with the driver. The picuture was taken after this failed drift.

Clio II 1,5 dci
Trackday Airfield Rheine 20.09.2009

It was a whole piece of work
until the both had noticed
the fact that I was quicker
and have made room.