ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Apple Watch Thread

An orange one
Is the series 2 watch actually water proof? As in can you go on holiday and Jump in the pool with it on?

I keep reading just water resistant??

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Is the series 2 watch actually water proof? As in can you go on holiday and Jump in the pool with it on?

I keep reading just water resistant??

Taken from Apple support

Apple Watch Series 2 may be used for shallow water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. ... Showering with Apple Watch Series 2 is ok, but we recommend not exposing Apple Watch to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and perfumes as they can negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, it's effectively designed as a fitness watch which you can wear to track your swimming performance. It's pretty cool, put it on water mode before jumping in the pool and then, once finished, you spin the crown and it plays a series of notes which forces any remaining water out of the speaker hole.

An orange one
I'm probably the least sporty person out there, with the exception of mountain biking..

I can see the appeal of Strava on my wrist... Not so much when I bin it and smash the watch on a rock/root/tree. I'll go and check them out at the weekend.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Taken from Apple support

Apple Watch Series 2 may be used for shallow water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. ... Showering with Apple Watch Series 2 is ok, but we recommend not exposing Apple Watch to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and perfumes as they can negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes.

So basically, don't use it near water. lol

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Nah it's fine to be used in water, up to 50m.

They're just covering themselves.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
...provided you remember to set it into waterproof mode, and clear it afterwards

Water mode just locks the screen so the water pressure doesn't act like your finger and start switching apps etc.

The phone is always water tight.

Many showered/swam with the first gen in fact. Apple never publicised its water proofing capabilities however (probably as they couldn't adhere to the necessary IP standard).

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
On another note, has anyone else got the 42mm brown leather strap on an AW1?

I'm absolutely appauled at its wear rate for what is meant to be a daily worn device.

Then I thought, ok, I'll go and see how much a new strap is. Robbing c***s. £150 odd quid.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Ha, yeah. I'll pay half the price of the watch for a strap!

Its ridiculous when you consider the Hermes watch with that strap is £1199.

Base watch in SS (£599) + Hermes strap (£299) = £900

So your paying an additional £500 for Hermes engraving on the back and an electronic Hermes electronic watch face which is nothing more than added software.

Apple.

Inferno 225 cup
I have a series two for sale that's only been worn a few times with, charging dock and cable,3 straps and box and bag.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I used mine on a bike ride over the Golden Gate Bridge, worked perfectly, my phone didn't have any data but it logged all the gps points and then when I did have data the route was 100% accurate on the activity app.

Really impressed with it, use it daily for swimming too.

It's changed my life for exercising, I'm addicted to getting my rings completed each day, and the achievement badges encourage you also.

Probably one of the best things I've ever bought.

When I first read your comment on how you were addicted to completing the rings i laughed and dismissed it.

I'm currently on a 36 day completion streak haha

Reactions: dk

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone with an AW1 suddenly experiencing crap battery life? Mine used to last 2 days, easy. Over the last couple of days it's barely lasted one!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I keep getting memory full popping up. I've deleted all music and most of the apps i had.

Any ideas what's draining the memory so much?

d349bfb0d3726a3e09149a5e20454cb7.jpg

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Found the reason why I had no available memory. One sneaky app using it all!!! Deleted [emoji3]

9d453e55c776f78f4e815a67f942553e.jpg

SQ5
I'm looking at getting one through a suppliers scheme at work for free.

I'm more office based now so not as likely to get it dirty and scratched up, just unsure if I will use it properly or it'll be a gimmick. Currently wearing my Tag every day but it then loses the specialness about it wearing everyday

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I'm looking at getting one through a suppliers scheme at work for free.

I'm more office based now so not as likely to get it dirty and scratched up, just unsure if I will use it properly or it'll be a gimmick. Currently wearing my Tag every day but it then loses the specialness about it wearing everyday

I also work in an office and have worn mine every day since release, my expensive watches haven't seen day light since.

It's just a handy gadget to be honest. Good for tracking steps and checking news updates and texts but not much else unless you fancy using it for running

2011 Clio Sport 200
I have a pretty extensive collection of manual watches...but my Apple Watch is now my daily...simply because it adds sufficient function (alerts, information) to be really useful. Best of all, my iPhone now makes no noise. I still wear my mechanicals, occasionally, but must remember to turn my phone off silent...oh, and I flick my wrist to look at time (as you do on the Apple Watch to activate the display)

SQ5
Thanks for the feedback. I would look at using it for fitness too, currently healing a sprained ankle so can only cycle at the moment but trying to get back to running asap. I like the feel of having a watch on and I've got an iPad, iPhone, MacBook and an Apple TV so feels like it's the only thing missing too.

It'll also be nice for taking or rejecting calls during the day and catching important emails whilst on site.

Is there likely to be a Series 3 I should wait for in September? I've read a few sites saying that it's likely but unsure what else can be done with it now?

2011 Clio Sport 200
There's always a new one coming...!
(But I don't think there'll be too much change)

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Where my watch daily, never wear a manual watch anymore which makes them a bit more special when wear them out

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I'm looking at getting a AW2 for golf mainly. I found some good golf apps on the iphone etc and they just link with it I Think? How much should I be looking to pay for a AW2?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'm looking at getting a AW2 for golf mainly. I found some good golf apps on the iphone etc and they just link with it I Think? How much should I be looking to pay for a AW2?

Try the apple refurb store.

Cost...Depends on which version you're after.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Will the new watch faces that show on the adverts for the series 3 be available for older models.