ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The American Dream - My Knight Rider KITT Project :-)

M3, Cup racer'd 182
How much is that going to rape my wage packets? Roughly? LOL

To dip a car will cost you around 2.5k that will also inc the primmer dipping (final stage).
However there is a few process 1st dip and you have the car back for body work repair.
2nd dip to remove excess weld spots and rust and then 3rd dip into primmer. Iirc

Good luck with the build can't wait to see the end result.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
Jesus thats a mega job body work wise........really she wants completely bare shell strip and dipping then welding and repairing and repainting.

i was thinking the same

may look like a little bit herer and there but there is some serious hours work needed on that !

il reply to pm when i can just been very busy lately

Clio 172 cup
Pretty surely its illegal to drive round with a red flashing scanner at the front of the car, im sure some police men will turn a blind eye cos its KITT. But most police are arseholes

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Pretty surely its illegal to drive round with a red flashing scanner at the front of the car, im sure some police men will turn a blind eye cos its KITT. But most police are arseholes

Ive rung British gas three times for them to let me off my gas bill. They said no each time. At first I thought they were arse holes but then I realised they were just doing their job.....

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172

It is yes, but it's only on when I tell it to be so shouldn't be a problem :) and yeah I can't say I've met one that isn't an arsehole tbh!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
No major updates to report tbh as my welder doesn't start work till end of next week :( some bits have arrived though! Haynes manual, KNIGHT keyring (sad but cool too) his replacement cream carpet and most importantly his gullwing steering wheel and switch pods! Still need to buy an adaptor plate and quick release hub but it's somehow feeling much more real now the wheel is here! Very rough as was OOM but once it's sanded and painted will look amazing. Here's a slightly blurry pic lol! Like i say next thing is to get the interior welding done. He's provisionally booked in for bodywork and full respray for end of march so just over a month to get the welds done! Then he just needs the interior putting back in to be roadworthy. He is already mot'd till July so since I've not used him he should pass :) only thing that's a bit dicky is the handbrake and the exhaust mounts! Anyway here's the pic. More updates soon!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326328725.193000.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326328725.193000.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 112
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326328763.339279.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326328763.339279.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 93

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
That Steering wheel's cool.

What I want to know is as far the the K.I.T.T. voice display goes, are you going with the soild block,

0.jpg

or the 3 blocks/stripes he had after the Goliath battle rebuild?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSahglBX-nz3cgBD8jnLB-xs3HKONAEbC5Gxou2bKhfF5UwqFlxme74xSoQ.jpg

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
I'm getting the season 3/4 dash after the "Knight of the Jugganought" refit where he gets super pursuit mode :) very similar vbox but has square lights! This pics s**t but gives the idea ha ha

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326330942.143249.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326330942.143249.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 69
  Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
This is the dash I'm getting (more or less mines the upgraded model ha ha)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326331570.029473.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326331570.029473.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 223
  VRS
Looking foward to seing this project :approve:

my boss used to have a KITT replica, he is hilarious as he is a human wiki of all things Knightrider lol

these are a few small clips of his old motor:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
IMO i'd sack off buying the dash for now and plough that money into sorting the bodywork out. Pointless having a spaffy KITT dash in a rotten shell.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Wild!

Makes me want to watch the show again, I was quite young when it was on so don't really remember it that well. Same with Airwolf!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Not sure if its been mentioned but...

theres a KITT app on the appstore. you should make an ipad dock in the centre console so you can have an interactive KITT!

it should be a fully functioning dock thats hooked up to the speakers though :approve:

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Not sure if its been mentioned but...

theres a KITT app on the appstore. you should make an ipad dock in the centre console so you can have an interactive KITT!

it should be a fully functioning dock thats hooked up to the speakers though :approve:

It's awesome. Gonba have an iPad in the car anyway mounted where his tv monitor is on the show.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Taken the t top centre panel off today :( all the seals have rotten ($500) and the centre piece is rotten through (£90). Looks like a pillars are fucked too. Good job my welder is on hand to get cracking as it is booked in for respray in march!