ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temporary Cover

172 cup, Impreza P1
Need to insure my turbo 172 cup to run in the new engine and get it down to EFI Parts for mapping. Probably need about a months cover.

Anyone know who would offer this length of cover and what price I'd be expected to pay for the pleasure?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Could be pricey... especially as a lot of the 'mainstream' temporary cover insurers won't touch a modified car.

To give you some idea, when I borrowed Fred's V6 I was paying just shy of £100 a week for temporary cover.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Could be pricey... especially as a lot of the 'mainstream' temporary cover insurers won't touch a modified car.

To give you some idea, when I borrowed Fred's V6 I was paying just shy of £100 a week for temporary cover.

£100 per week. Thought you'd have been able to get a year nearly for that. The last time I had the Clio on the road was £400 for the year with all mods declared.

Insure it F/C then cancel the cover after a month.

Think this is what I'll end up doing or just keep it insured for the occasional winter blast.

Pace ward insure my Evo, when I need to run the clio on the road they do 7 days for £35, other temp cover companies wanted £200+

I'll look into them. Cheers for that!

Good luck, had to insure my Clio while it was being used for test drives when selling it. I couldn't actually find any insurers that would do temporary insurance on modified vehicles!

If it's for a month, you'd be best off insuring it fully then cancelling - probably best doing that within 14 days though, as it wouldn't cost you anything then iirc.

172 cup, Impreza P1
If you go with Greenlight, they match your NCB and don't charge for modifications. I'm sure you'll get a great deal from @Neil@greenlight :D

I'll get in touch with them then. That sounds good with the NCB. I had worked up 2 years as a second policy with Reis but have over 10 on another policy.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Only thing is we dont offer short term or temp policies. What you could do is cut the annual mileage down to say 2k on a normal years insurance and get that at a good price but wouldnt work for just a short period.

I dont know any companies that can do short term insurance on modified cars :(

Cheers
neil

172 cup, Impreza P1
Only thing is we dont offer short term or temp policies. What you could do is cut the annual mileage down to say 2k on a normal years insurance and get that at a good price but wouldnt work for just a short period.

I dont know any companies that can do short term insurance on modified cars :(

Cheers
neil

Thanks for posting Neil.

Could I get a contact number to phone you direct for a quote for an annual policy?