ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Syron Street Race

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Bought a set of 4, finally took delivery of them all today. For some reason 2 were delivered and the other 2 almost a week later, anyway..they're here now :)

So for anyone who doesn't know what they are, it's these:

gone out to a 225 width, they don't do a 215.

c8f2d8e3cf98be10e14d24dcc90997bc_zps66166359.jpg

similar tyre pattern to the Michelin sport Cup tyres. So far everyone has given them brilliant reviews. So we shall see.

currently running AD08's, so straight onto these. It will be a good comparison between the 2, I will write a review when they are scrubbed in.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Hadnt heard of these ones before tbh, but just been looking into them and they look awesome for the money...
​Let us know how they fair.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Will keep an eye out for your review of these

Could be a contender these when the RSRs need replacing as a road/track tyre

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Everyone seems to highly rate them, fairly good price on them too.

Will keep you all updated :)

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Never done it before. So a question for you all. For the sake of £4, is it worth getting the tyres filled with nitrogen instead?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
It's only worth filling with nitrogen if they are vac and filled not just filled. Otherwise most of it is air anyway.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
And they're on :)

a07f6971449dd17111192a968fd9da12_zps7be83a9c.jpg

so far so good! Little bit noisy when there's heat in them, around the same as r888 road noise, just a little less.. But even in the wet they seem to be quite stable. So I'll give it a few miles until they scrub in and the greasy coating disappears then do a review

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Brilliant tyre! I haven't pushed them, or anything of a like. It's pretty bad rain atm. What I will say is driven tidy, they're a brilliant tyre, they can be easily used for everyday driving, if driven to the speed limits etc. they clear the water well, there's plenty of dispersal of the water. Very direct steering, so far, in the wet, they're on par with the AD08's.

road noise, quiet when cold, once warm they're pretty noisy lol. Not something that would bother you, just they can be heard. Suppose you don't buy these tyres with the intention of a quiet ride. I'd say they're a little quieter than 888's

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Right Update. Driven a fair amount on them today in the dry 21+ degrees.

First impressions? Brilliant tyre! As said above, they're fine in the wet, but perfect in the Dry! :) very direct steering and sharp. They're taking a little getting use to atm, I'm running 32psi all round, and I think it needs to drop to 30psi, definitely on the rear, flatten them a little more onto the road surface.

theyre a silent tyre given ive driven on a few different road surfaces, it's just when you hit 1-2 different surfaces they're pretty noisy like an r888, it's only certain surfaces though, other than that they're quiet for day to day driving.

The first 10-20 miles on them I was a little worried, they seemed to be scrubbing up quite quickly, which panicked me a little, thought they weren't going to last as an everyday tyre, but they're scrubbed in and now they're perfect, think it was just the first layer of the greasy rubbish coating coming off them. So all in all, I don't think there's a better tyre out there for the money. I'm impressed with them and they're defiantly a side step from the AD08's. can't comment on how they'll hold up on track against the AD08 compound until i test them in Sept at Combe.

​Gez :)

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Hi Guys :)

yes! Brilliant tyre! And speaking of which, I've just had another front pair fitted yesterday! :)

So I'm on my 6th pair now . Bought 4 all round and just fitted new fronts.

i managed 6,500 miles on the front pair, which is pretty good for 5.5mm new.

I'm not keen on them running at normal Psi though, I find them a bit over sensitive at 34-35psi, the outer edges are off the floor a little, so they're a little snatch when you get onto the outside edge.

Im running them at 28F and 26R, the tyres run flat on the floor then, no outside edge slightly raised off the road or anything, and a few miles of heat in them soon brings them up to temp and they feel great.

I'm also going out to nurburgring in May on them too.

theyre a fantastic tyre! even in the wet! They command a little more caution, but still very predictable.

Great tyre! I've actually just bought genuine 8J cup racer speedlines to fit the worn Syrons onto for track. I find them great worm down with the less tread movement

hope this helps guys

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome, better than the AD08's then?

My main concern was heavy cornering in the wet tbh, I'd have thought that they'd break away when you start leaning on the slick bit, but if it's great in the wet too then I'm sold tbh.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I'd say on par with the Ad08s at least, half the price etc. That was my main concern when buying them, but they're fine, a little bit of caution needed, I've pushed it in the wet on them and they're pretty safe IMO. It doesnt even come into my mind to worry now.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
They're £83 in this county iirc? In Germany they were £62'ish delivered

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I've got these wheels to use :)

a59e7474b31d835d230c8d4a25fb1724_zps6296ecd1.gif

was lucky to get hold of them, going to fit the worn Syrons to them

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Nice wheels lol.

Dmacks are going for £83 on tweeks at the moment, but the difference between dry and wet sections is a lot less than on these.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I looked at these before I bought ado8's for my previous Clio. If they were cheap enough in 215/40/17 I'd be tempted

Renault Clio 172 cup
They're £83 in this county iirc? In Germany they were £62'ish delivered

Have you got a link for the German outlet?
I'm considering trying a couple of these in 195 50 15 and the best price I can find is tyretraders at about 72 quid +pp.
I'm using a combination of Toyo R1R and Nankang ns2r at the moment but looking for an affordable dry weather set up.
888's are too expensive now, even e bay part worns, and I wasn't overly impressed with AD08's ( naff in the wet and understeer terribly compared to 888's even in the dry ).