ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Syncing apps[sp?]

Clio
Well my phone was jailbroken, but this totally mucked it up slowed the phone down so much. So i decided to back it up in itunes then update it to the current version, so phone is now back to normal apart from my apps.
I know my cydia apps would have gone but i only have 2 of my other apps left on my phone, ive tryed to sync them but its not working, and cant seem to re-download them!

Anyone any ideas?

Clio
oh noticed today that my calendar, clock, notes etc... are all gone as well.

anyone know how to correct this?

That's why then, because it still think it's in a folder but because you don't have that app, you can't view them.

When you backed it up, it's restored it with the extra mess inbuilt which is causing your apps to be hidden.

You can sync your contacts with Mobile Me or with Windows Address book thing and then start again. Put a fresh 3.1.2 on and don't restore.

With regards to your official apps.. In iTunes, it should automatically sync once you plug it in with all apps. But you can re-download your content... Store > Check for Avialable Downloads.

Clio
That's why then, because it still think it's in a folder but because you don't have that app, you can't view them.

When you backed it up, it's restored it with the extra mess inbuilt which is causing your apps to be hidden.

You can sync your contacts with Mobile Me or with Windows Address book thing and then start again. Put a fresh 3.1.2 on and don't restore.

With regards to your official apps.. In iTunes, it should automatically sync once you plug it in with all apps. But you can re-download your content... Store > Check for Avialable Downloads.

Thanks for the info, is there any other way of copying my contacts? mobileme wants credit card details even for a free trail :eek:, windows address book I cant use as im on vista so i have to use windows contacts which I think I have to actually input the information by hand! this i am no way doing as i spilt water on my keyboard and half the numbers dont work.:mad:

Restore. Dont jailbreak again. Too advanced for you

Have they got a jailbreak for the 3.1.2? advanced, didnt seem advanced to me, it just kills your ifail to ifailed, totally raping the battery and system memory.

Clio
Well Ive just spent the last 3hrs trying to sync my contacts to windows mail, finally done it!
So restored the phone all looks well, however on setting up do I click 'restore from backup' or 'set up as new iphone' ?