ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid question but..

BG 182
My gear gator won't go back on.. None of the clips are broken and whenever i clip it in and put it into reverse it pops out again.. Not sure what to do, any help would be great :D

Danni

Da

Less
You sure the two tags are still there at the front of the gaitor? Just replaced my mums tonight.

Black PH2 172 FF
This has happened to me.

The leather gator bit, is too tight and when you put it into reverse there isn't enough slack...

Try just pushing the leather bit further down the gear stick.

Clio Mk2 Phase 2
I Had The Same Problem...I Put Superglue all the way round the rim of the plastic mould and pushed it back in and then waited for the glue to dry...worked for me!

BG 182
This has happened to me.

The leather gator bit, is too tight and when you put it into reverse there isn't enough slack...

Try just pushing the leather bit further down the gear stick.

Yeah i clip it in, then when it goes into reverse it pops out again :( lol

Ill try moving it down a bit though :p

53 plate 172
New gaitor;
Part number 8200071449 price £5.02 inc VAT

Cheers mate, how easy is it to fit. From memory isn't the leather gator stapled to this plastic bit?

edit: Ah no problem I've found the other 10 threads on this !

Last edited:

Da

Less
lol, as you've probably read it's ty-wrapped to the gear stick shaft. 10 mins of a job max :)

172 A Cupwork Orange™
this happend to me i sorted it with some clear superglue just a couple of drops on the clips, works a treat and with it being clear you cannot see it also just using a coupleof drops its easy to get out if needed..