ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stupid insurance

Clio 172
is it me or is insurance companies absolute idiots?

this is my situation i have a 172 clio sport 2002 under my dad with 3 yrs nc and i pay £2500 a year (alot of money i have to say but its my hobby so hey ho)

first i get a quote for a v6 2004 clio for £3200

not to bad im thinking so then i get a quote on a

clio 200 2009 model it comes out at £5000

both quotes have the same info.

just seems odd to me that the clio v6 is cheaper to insure than the clio 200

ITB'd MK1
200 is a newer car. roughly 1/3 higher value, and i'd assume there's a relatively low number of claims on Vee's.

That's not just a LOT of money to be paying on a 172, that's insanity.

ITB'd MK1
I should mention the arrangement you mention with insuring it as your dads car is illegal also. It's called fronting, and is a form of fraud that's being clamped down on hard

I have a 1.2 16v clio.......... 2,158 pounds for 10 months to insure :). think your self lucky. i got a quote for a 1.6.... 3,700 pounds. and a 2.0l..... 6,540!!

soon to be 182 ;)
mine was 2400 on a 1.4 mk2 ph1 and i paid 1700 for the car, its insanity i know but youve got to start somewhere

Clio 172
Yup I'm a bar manager don't look too good on the old drink driving lol althogh I have never done it! I've even got a personal alchole licence which if I get done for drink driving I loose and my job would br ended. 2500 is not that bad considering in 19 my girlfriend is trying to get insured on a 1.3 ford ka, and it's near 2k. It's because were young, try and do things the right way in this country and u get kicked in the bollox, but I suppose were paying for those who arnt insured. Oh well just have to have a High insurance premium for a couple of years

Clio 172
That's a good point harpham I'll probally wait till my insurance renewall is up and take it from there I really do like the 200 but the insurance is crazy. Hoping with another years driving experience and another years no claims (touch wood) it will go down

MR2 Mk1.5
is it me or is insurance companies absolute idiots?

this is my situation i have a 172 clio sport 2002 under my dad with 3 yrs nc and i pay £2500 a year (alot of money i have to say but its my hobby so hey ho)

first i get a quote for a v6 2004 clio for £3200

not to bad im thinking so then i get a quote on a

clio 200 2009 model it comes out at £5000

both quotes have the same info.

just seems odd to me that the clio v6 is cheaper to insure than the clio 200

How are you getting these quotes? Via internet comparison sites? Are you entering 0 years NCB? The reason I ask is that price comparison sites dont pick up 'named driver NCB' .... you need to speak to a company who can take your claim free driving experience into consideration.

clio sport 200
Some of the insurance quotes here wow! I'm 23 and with 1yr nc it's going to cost me just under £1k to insure My 200. Being a home owner and married probably helps?