ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stockport members - who will insure us?!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Pretty sure all the forum ones that everyone raves about don't touch SK post codes.
So - aimed at people who live in the SK post code area, who do you use for insurance on your modded cars (multi car needed too)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Try Brentacre and sky. Others are fussy unless you have a postcode where you live alone on an Island somewhere.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Sky are as much use as a chocolate teapot for any M,L or SK postcodes.

Just emailed Brentacre. Greenlight are good for the civic but not so good on the megane

Clio 182 - RB
I live in Macclesfield, SK10 - I used Brentacre last year, but was beaten by Greenlight this time round. I'm 23, 4 years no claims and I pay just shy off £750, which I think is still expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I live in Macclesfield, SK10 - I used Brentacre last year, but was beaten by Greenlight this time round. I'm 23, 4 years no claims and I pay just shy off £750, which I think is still expensive.

Well ive just had a quote from hastings basic and the cheeky bellends want 710 just for the megane!
37, 12+ ncb, SK1 (which seems to be an issue), no points

Clio 182 - RB
Well ive just had a quote from hastings basic and the cheeky bellends want 710 just for the megane!
Wow, that does take the piss [emoji52]

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It's because baller having two cars
Found another called need 2 insure - sounds like a generic one but its actually quite good, check out the site. Will bell em tomorrow.

Don't even know why I insure the honda it must do 3k max a year and thatll be 5 times off the drive ha

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah I list out everything to the finest detail. Don't mess about with insurance. It's capped at 200. It's probably just shy of that.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Is this the most boring thread ever? tune in later this week to find out how much Dan actually gets his 2017 insurance renewal for. Will he get free legal cover or will this be an optional extra.......................AT AN ADDITIONAL COST.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
+1 for brentacre,

They give me free modifications upto a 230bhp limit on my policy.

Cheap too I pay £55 a month

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
+1 for brentacre,

They give me free modifications upto a 230bhp limit on my policy.

Cheap too I pay £55 a month

Looking decent so far. He knew what I was talking about too with mods, which was a nice change.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Looking decent so far. He knew what I was talking about too with mods, which was a nice change.

There's a guy there with a trophy can't think of his name, sure he's on the forum too that's who I spoke with last time.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That's crazy! I'm 21, 1 years no claims, no points, and just got insured on my 182 for £860. Could've gotten it for £700 if I was living at home, but had to put my huddersfield address down too as my overnight address. Mods declared too! Although, I do have a YO main postcode like @leeds_182.
Does everyone else just suck it up and pay in stockport then? I can't imagine the price it'd be for younger drivers there.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Flux were the only ones who could get me a decent quote on a modified Clio. £600ish I was paying with an M35 postcode which is in the worst category rating. (I'm 25, 4 years NCB, no points etc etc.)

No fucker would go near me on the Eddy though due to our postcode rating. Anywhere else in the country around £300 a year, M35, £1000....

It's been a fun few months though but with saving for a house happening faster than expected it's got to go in the next couple :'(

dan's cast offs.
Have you used them mate? I've found it's cheaper for me to insure things separately rather than doing multicar policies with the usuals but none of them have included the bike thus far.

Something like that would be perfect for me if it actually worked out cheaper (can't see why it wouldn't anyway)

know a few people who use it and they seem happy with the premium. i've got my traders policy with them.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
That's crazy! I'm 21, 1 years no claims, no points, and just got insured on my 182 for £860. Could've gotten it for £700 if I was living at home, but had to put my huddersfield address down too as my overnight address. Mods declared too! Although, I do have a YO main postcode like @leeds_182.
Does everyone else just suck it up and pay in stockport then? I can't imagine the price it'd be for younger drivers there.
Yeah not go much choice. SK1 is a lot less of a ballache than M15 though! That did my head in living there.
I hear some people using their parents' address etc but that's just daft. Insurance will be voided in the event of a claim. Basically just got to shop around and suck it up.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah not go much choice. SK1 is a lot less of a ballache than M15 though! That did my head in living there.
I hear some people using their parents' address etc but that's just daft. Insurance will be voided in the event of a claim. Basically just got to shop around and suck it up.
Yeah, as I'm a student it's different as when the holidays are taken into account I am at home more often. (Especially now im in final year as I graduate soon).