ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting problems

2011 RS Clio 200
when i turn the key the engine turns over but does nto fire up ive asked in other forums but all i get is its a comon problem could anyone give me any ideas of what it could be
many regards
nelson

Storm Grey 200
Yea its a common problem and i have it! I have changed, the coil pack and leads, the TDC sensor, cleaned the throttle body and it did nothing. However when i changed the Coolant temp sensor it started fine for a day and a bit, but now its back to normal and worse than ever :( Taken it to garages and stuff but they couldnt get any good codes from fault readers etc. So i just dont know. But yea change all those things ^^^ and hopefully you will have more luck than me...

Clio 172
I have this, doesn't start first time but stop and try again and ALWAYS fires up perfectly second try. Tends to happy more in wet warm mornings, cold doesn't seem to be an issue.

hi all

i had this problem in my MK2 PH1 1.2

and now its all fixed i changed my tdc sensor! it seems fine now :D and i didn't need to change anything else

cheers chris

Last edited:
  clio 1.2
hi there :)
i have the same problem with my mk1 clio 1.2 96
(yer i no abit old lol)
anychance the tdc sensor is the problem with my car not starting...
it is really :S as it won't start on cold mornings and then it can on warm evenings lol
any help on where to get a tdc sensor and how much it cost's ?

and also as i dont no alot bout cars,
my clio is "single port injection" does this change anything to do with the tdc sensor or if that isnt the problem any other idea's ??

many thanks

.:.DJ.S.:.

'03 182 replica -for sale
problem my car had got!!

renault said they had to manipulate the tdc sensor to get it going so they replaced that (£180) but still not starting, they want 2 more hours investigating (£80ph!) I'm trying an ecu first.

but think you can get [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]about £20 on Eurocarparts[/FONT][/FONT]

Clio MK2 (1.2)
I have this, doesn't start first time but stop and try again and ALWAYS fires up perfectly second try. Tends to happy more in wet warm mornings, cold doesn't seem to be an issue.

happend to me 2day :mad: and the wather is Wet Warm :mad: how much ar TD Sensors? and how easy is it to fix ?

happend to me 2day :mad: and the wather is Wet Warm :mad: how much ar TD Sensors? and how easy is it to fix ?

£25 for the sensor and £25 for the new wiring loom.

Easy to chnage though.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
mine start earlier tho, after reading that immobiliser i tried it and it fired up, havent tried again yet.

sport 172 mk2
interesting, mine having similar problem last few days. It will turn over for a few moments then catches and runs fine,

whats a TD sensor?

Clio MK2 (1.2)
i googled it and looks like a piece ov bracket :S must be wrong tho lol.

its this wether thats causing it :(

golf
Having the same problem, quite embarrasing at college!

So its the TDC sensor? How much do they cost?

are they easy to fit?

cheers

Mk1 1.2 & Mk1 172
Have had my 172 Exclusive a week and it's doing this. AA came out and ran diagnostic. Immobiliser fault. No power going to the coils. Getting taxi to work. Boo. Really annoyed as same fault was sorted by Reno in May. Relay for immo. PS It's half 5 am.