ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standing down as SE Rep :(

Many.
Nothing stopping anybody else sort out meets in their local area, within SE.
Essex meets always have a good turn out, every Essex meet I've ever been to has had a brilliant turn out.

On topic. Shame that Kyle is stepping down, always been a good rep :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
?Like North of Thames are not prepared to go South of it,and vica versa.21st September SE meet is now an Essex meet at an overpriced pub on the A13.with loads of camera`s

1, If you think its over priced (its a pub with pub prices) then don't come, simple as that.

2, Alot of roads up and down the country have speed cameras, what do you intend doing. Drag racing????

Am i going to moan like a b**ch that the next big CS meet is being held at Donington, shall i moan to them that its not on my door step???? No i just get on with it and go because i want to.

PH2 172
7 members put their names down for the original meet in Surrey over a period of about 3 weeks I think.

By moving it we've had double that amount put their names down in 24 hours.

Whilst I thank the 7 people who put their names down we have to hold these type of meets where in places that are convenient for the majority.

Once the areas are divided up this issue will hopefully be sorted.

As for being overpriced the food, the DT is as cheap as chips , scuse the pun.

I hope you change your mind a come along mate, genuinely

Hope you make it to North Weald tomorrow Dave,we could have a good chinwag then.

The cost of food is relative I guess,Sydna at the Bell Hotel in Talgarth serves up a 3
course Sunday roast for £5.95.

My main point,borne out by the uptake by the Essex crew to turn up at the DT,is people do not seem willing to travel.I was happy with the original venue,as it was somewhere different,and offered the chance to meet some of the southerners.Unfortuneatley,very few from south of the Thames seem to be attending DT,though there is still time.

Not sure if I will attend,as the Yorkshire meet at Blyton Park looks more of a hoot,depends on the finances and someone to look after the dog for the day.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I feel bad in one respect for moving it because the 7 people that initially put there manes down now either have to travel a fair distance or miss out altogether.

But 7 names down in 3 weeks just goes to show how unpopular that venue was.

Once the regions are divided up hopefully it will encourage more people to attend meets as they'll be a little more local.

Sash has posted a thread up arranging a meet on the same day for anyone in the more South westerly parts of the SE area.

While it will seem a bit unfair to some that the Essex region seems to take preference, you only have to look back over the past 2 years to see where the majority of meets have been. Quite a few of them arranged by people who are not reps.

Ill just remind everyone that you don't have to be a rep to organise a meet. If you think you have an idea for a meet that you think would be popular then post it up ;)

RDR

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'm going down from North London, not exactly on my door step (hour and 30min drive) it's all relative, if you enjoy the social side of the forum it's worth the effort to attend.

PH2 172
1, If you think its over priced (its a pub with pub prices) then don't come, simple as that.

2, Alot of roads up and down the country have speed cameras, what do you intend doing. Drag racing????

Am i going to moan like a b**ch that the next big CS meet is being held at Donington, shall i moan to them that its not on my door step???? No i just get on with it and go because i want to.

I`m not bitching about the distance,just that it`s only a pub that I`ve already been to this summer,with little to do,and not central to the SE Area for the convenience of people on the south coast.If it was at Donnington,I`d be there in a shot.Drag racing??I ran the 172 up the strip at North Weald 16 times on 10th August.