ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SSR sprayless scrath removal

I bet this doesnt have the gloss of a proper spray finish, i bet its dull as hell but its an interesting concept esp if you not to worry about an absolute perfect finish, id like to see it in person how good the finish is. (You would need alot of coats to get a deep scratch out)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol at that video!

Just like "smart repairs" Utter shite!

172cup
so the only way to get a perfect finish its spraying the all panel, bumper, whatsoever???
Id like to get rid of a few light scratches and a very light scuff.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Will the scuff polish out?

If not then yeah it needs painted. Painted right I might add.

Especially on black it'll look so piss!

172cup
the scuff its very light and just on th eclear coat, what about the scratches?
can the bodyshop touch em up without spraying the all panel?

Lol. This is how I imagine most spray booths.

"Oh looky, we need to flat the paint work, let's go at it with a massive wool pad."

Christ.

172cup
im bit sceptical too but if you browse around internet there are more clips and loads of good comment about the method.
it seems to work great on dark paint car and quite pants on white and silver.

STEALTH RAIDER
There will be good comments mate no doubt about that. Depending how deep the scratches are, i can only imagine the markings under false lighting will look a little on the bodge side of things as you will clearly see the levels that are raised and filled. This method would also come in cheaper than a smart repair. The only way i would ever try this method is if its good enough to wet sand them out then i guess this would be plausable as your not comprimising the clearcoat thickness. Then again, if they was fine, i wouldnt bother with the black foundation layer. Ive used the rattle can method numerous of times to fill in very light scuffs, areas and compounded afterwards with no problems or comebacks.

PMSL @ this sh*te. Even when spraying that car in the video you'd have to blend the colour out onto the quarter at least, and they're trying to say the match looks fine by sticking a blob of the colour into the scratch.

Complete and utter scammers, along with the mobile smart repair lot.

172cup
point taken, how much would it be for a good polishing all around the car then?
Only a few very small scratches and chips would need a touch up, anyone working in London area?

Thanks
Al

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i would rather have a scratch on my car than a bodged repair.. do it properly or leave it as is imo

Clio Sport 172
its a scam! we had to pay some bloke to come to are work and show us this and how it all work so us and some other sites chiped in to see if it was any good, because if it was we was going to ddo it at are work as well, but there was 3 main problems. 1xyouo dont have every paint code. 1xthere cant be any dents 3x it DONT last.

i had the smallest mark on my door on my old 1.2 clio (that nice blue.) and he could not get it right and you could see the mark still.

you could do the same with a can for paint and a rag. then just buff over it with some t-cut and wax to blend it in.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Dont know about the brick scratch, what about the bloody great dent in the rear 1/4!!

You'd probably have just as much luck using food dye...