ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ssd upgrade on macbook pro, best thing i have ever done!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
my mbp is a mid 2010.

to be honest i haven't used it in a long time, then when i did need to use it, it ground to a halt it was un useable, i was about to buy a new mbp however decided to try a ssd, purchased a 1tb sandisk pro, wasn't cheap but all online reviews gave it pretty much the best reviews....

anyway, its in and working and wow, its genuinely like i have purchased a new mbp its that fast, just waiting on a sata to usb connector so i can grab a few files off of my old drive and I'm 100% happy, honestly if you aren't running a ssd you genuinely need one its astonishing how good they are!

I've gone from thinking i needed a new mac, to really can see this one lasting me another 2-5 years!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I was thinking I might need to replace my mbp as it's silly slow with not much actually on it. Is it easy to replace the hd? I.e can a girl do it!?

Cayman S Edition 1
Upgraded my wife's 2011 MacBook Air SSD last year. Made a very noticeable difference for sure.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I was thinking I might need to replace my mbp as it's silly slow with not much actually on it. Is it easy to replace the hd? I.e can a girl do it!?

If you can unscrew 12 screws without losing them, un clip a cable and put the new drive back in place it's that easy... If you want a fresh install you don't even need a disc or sub drive with OS X on it, you can just power on the Mac and install over the Internet following the on screen instructions, it's very very easy

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Still using my early 2011 Macbook Pro 13inch after I stuck an SSD in it and it's been fine, hopefully last me a long while yet.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
As above I put a 240gb SSD and 16gb RAM into my early 2011 and its perfect. Grinds a little when opening a 64 page catalogue in InDesign but that's to be expected. It was like having a new laptop once I'd done the upgrade, I moved over my current HDD into the CD drive as I never used it.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Interesting as my 2009 mbp has been crap since I put Yosemite on , this maybe the answer.Where did you get the sad from, linky ?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Ebuyer is where I got it from, Samsung drives are very good also.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have a Late 2011 Macbook Pro 13"

I already have 16gb of Crucial RAM and I'm now looking to put a Crucial SSD in, Has to be a 500gb SSD.

Where is the cheapest place to buy one from as i have just had a look at the crucial website, I don't want any cheap copies or sh*t

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have a Late 2011 Macbook Pro 13"

I already have 16gb of Crucial RAM and I'm now looking to put a Crucial SSD in, Has to be a 500gb SSD.

Where is the cheapest place to buy one from as i have just had a look at the crucial website, I don't want any cheap copies or sh*t
I always check www.hotukdeals.co.uk and then search for SSD , they have deals everyday on SSD's. You can then also read peoples comments to see if they are any good or not.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I always check www.hotukdeals.co.uk and then search for SSD , they have deals everyday on SSD's. You can then also read peoples comments to see if they are any good or not.

I might be getting this wrong but that site took me to Amazon and its just as cheap to buy direct from Crucial

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 18.52.22.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 18.52.35.png