ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone hit 'n' run my rear quarter panel - possible suspect

This happened sometime last night, no note left or anything. I didn't notice it till I got to work :(

DSCF0008_zpsrk38ngcl.jpg

DSCF0002_zpsso4yeng5.jpg

This van was parked in an unusual place, reversed right up against a bush, as if to try and hide the damage. Do you reckon it matches up to the damage on my car? I don't know if I'm clutching at straws, but it just looked suspicious how it was parked. It is normally parked somewhere else, I don't know who owns it though. I've contacted the police to see if they can find out.

IMG_0156_zpsfe80q0vu.jpg

IMG_0157_zpso7gkyy8e.jpg

Is this worth even getting a quote for? Would the whole panel need replacing? I don't know if it's worth it when the car has already been a write off. It's so annoying though because I was finally getting it all fixed. Just put a new exhaust on it with custom rear hangers too

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Personally l don't think it's from that van. That looks to be old damage to me, and too high maybe?

Decent dent guy will be able to remove most of that I think, depends if it's damaged the paint or not though. Can't tell from the pictures.

It's s**t when this sort of thing happens, but not much you can do really.

The damage to the van appears to be from hitting a 'sharp' object, or a corner of something hard - opposed to being brushed past something. Certainly doesn't look like an obvious match to your damage or section of the panel.

As a guess it looks to be the corner of a bumper that's hit it.

Get a tape out and measure from the ground to the impact area, and then do the same on the van.

Abarth 595
The police will do **** all even if you had witnesses, which you dont. Not worth wasting your time speaking to them.