ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some insurance advice needed (urgent)

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
It sucks for you but I can see from the insurance side, on a 10 year old X5 a repair should be more than enough. I've just had my car repaired and they pulled out most of the damage and only used filler to make it smooth, it's the same as repairing a small door ding.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
It sucks for you but I can see from the insurance side, on a 10 year old X5 a repair should be more than enough. I've just had my car repaired and they pulled out most of the damage and only used filler to make it smooth, it's the same as repairing a small door ding.

A repair was enough, once they said they wouldn't replace the panels I told them to just repair it.
£2170 does not cover the cost of the total loss. Not even close.

Blimey.

If you're a man of principle like myself, then now's the time to put some leg work in and fight this until you feel you can do no more.

I'd probably start by gathering as many adverts for similar age/mileage vehicles as I could find to try understand what it would actually cost you to purchase a similar vehicle today.

You mentioned you'd call your insurance company but I see no mention since, so if you haven't - I'd be contacting them and asking what assistance they would offer in helping to resolve this.

You need to act reasonably quickly I think.

I'll give you £500 for the motor as is.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Blimey.

If you're a man of principle like myself, then now's the time to put some leg work in and fight this until you feel you can do no more.

I'd probably start by gathering as many adverts for similar age/mileage vehicles as I could find to try understand what it would actually cost you to purchase a similar vehicle today.

You mentioned you'd call your insurance company but I see no mention since, so if you haven't - I'd be contacting them and asking what assistance they would offer in helping to resolve this.

You need to act reasonably quickly I think.

I'll give you £500 for the motor as is.

All I have from my insurers so far is they will persue any losses we incur, that was on Friday and got the letter on Saturday so I'll speak to them tomorrow.

I've been on the case with the adverts and I also have the receipt from the seller so that should count for something.

I will follow this through to the end even if I have to pay for a solicitor myself.

£500! I just fitted a set of brand new X6 20" alloys and tyres and had over 2k of work done replacing the manifold, glow plugs, injectors, transmission oil and sump, a full service and other bits. I'm going to get it repaired and follow the claim through as we need the car for her to take the kids to nursery and school and then to work.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I thought I'd give everyone a laugh.
It turns out I've been shafted more than I thought and they have put it as a total loss.
£2170 for a 2005 X5 3.0d Sport with 80k and 2 owners.
Seriously how much do insurance companies think they can get away with.
30d34568ac03abc24b01fc98fc4c1326.jpg
FLOL!!! That's hilarious. Are you sure this isn't a wind up??

I just sold an 05 plate nail with 170k on it for £5600.

I'd be speaking to my insurance company and getting them to sort it.

In fact, ring accident exchange in the morning. I can if you want me to, talk to them first and see what they say?

We use them daily and they're great.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Even worst case scenario, fight them for the 'pre accident value'. Send them some adverts showing the actual value of similar ones.
Very very s**t company you're dealing with!!

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
FLOL!!! That's hilarious. Are you sure this isn't a wind up??

I just sold an 05 plate nail with 170k on it for £5600.

I'd be speaking to my insurance company and getting them to sort it.

In fact, ring accident exchange in the morning. I can if you want me to, talk to them first and see what they say?

We use them daily and they're great.

I wish it was Daniel, it's been a right pain in the arse.
I will ring them tomorrow mate, thanks.

Even worst case scenario, fight them for the 'pre accident value'. Send them some adverts showing the actual value of similar ones.
Very very s**t company you're dealing with!!

That's what I'm going to try and get as that's what it should be. I'll see what my insurance legal bods say tomorrow.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
You need to get your own engineers report IMMEDIATELY. TBH, your insurers should have got involved with this from day 1, but alas, the situation you are now in does suck a big one.

Ring your own insurers, explain what has happened, tell them you want your legal team to deal with it (if you go direct to a solicitor, they wont take it on as they wont get paid for uninsured loss without P.I). You need independent engineers evidence to show that the vehicle is NOT at Cat and, if it is, then you want the true value, less salvage.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Just thinking out loud here, as the letter itself doesnt say this..

If they write your car off, generally to get the car back you have to buy it. Ie: Accept a lower payment for the car, and keep it.

Could they have valued the car at 5K for instance, given you £2100 cash and charged you £3000 for the 'buy it back' fee?

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Just thinking out loud here, as the letter itself doesnt say this..

If they write your car off, generally to get the car back you have to buy it. Ie: Accept a lower payment for the car, and keep it.

Could they have valued the car at 5K for instance, given you £2100 cash and charged you £3000 for the 'buy it back' fee?

You could read it like that but i don't think its what they mean really, you would normally get the chance to dispute the offer and agree to buy the car back.
I think they are trying to pull my pants down.
Even 5k for the pre accident condition is a piss take, I couldn't replace the car for less than 7k, I may find one for about 6.5k if I travel up north for it.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
You could read it like that but i don't think its what they mean really, you would normally get the chance to dispute the offer and agree to buy the car back.
I think they are trying to pull my pants down.
Even 5k for the pre accident condition is a piss take, I couldn't replace the car for less than 7k, I may find one for about 6.5k if I travel up north for it.

Something is very very wrong. What car hit the X5? No way that they could be giving details for the wrong motor? (is that one even being repaired?).

I'm guessing you have called them since receiving the cheque? What has been said? Surely they can't say £2k is a total loss on a 9 year old X5.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Something is very very wrong. What car hit the X5? No way that they could be giving details for the wrong motor? (is that one even being repaired?).

I'm guessing you have called them since receiving the cheque? What has been said? Surely they can't say £2k is a total loss on a 9 year old X5.

The car that hit the X5 was a 59 plate Merc but I did ask them if they have my car reg matching an X5 and she just said yes like it was normal.

I may as well bang my head against a wall than talk to them, they just say the same crap over and over again.
I am in the process of going through it with the financial ombudsman but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm waiting for Jeremy Beadle to pop out and say "you've been framed"