ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

small bump

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Hi

I had a small bump in the snow damaging my bumper, after watching a video on youtube no real damage was done to the structure of the car thankfully.

The person i went into the back of is going to be claiming my insurance but what if i contact there insurance and offer to settle the amount?

Would this mean i keep my no claims because i havent claimed my insurance and they aren't at a loss?
The damage to the bus was minimum.

Cheers

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
Wish you the best of luck, insurance companies can be a utter bunch of c**ks at times, Can only try but I think you will be disappointed, why should they do anything to help you out when they will make more money next year

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Wish you the best of luck, insurance companies can be a utter bunch of c**ks at times, Can only try but I think you will be disappointed, why should they do anything to help you out when they will make more money next year
yeah exactly my thoughts. i need a new bumper and grille and im sorted.

The scary thing is i done a quote and it appears to be 2k. dont really fancy paying that.

Ford Mustang 5.0
If you cover all the third party repair costs and do not claim under your own policy for any damage to your car your NCB will not be reduced. You would have an incident on your record but listed as something like "no claim made cost zero". This would leave your NCB unaffected.

One thing to be careful of your insurer would normally want a decleration saying you will cover any costs relating to the claim.....This could open you up personally to paying an injury claim in the future should the third party make one. If you go down the pay the costs yourself route it would be worth getting a letter from the third accepting "full and final settlement and confirming they are not injured".

If i was you id personally get some legal advice before you give the TP a payment.

Kind Regards
Neil
Greenlight

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
If you cover all the third party repair costs and do not claim under your own policy for any damage to your car your NCB will not be reduced. You would have an incident on your record but listed as something like "no claim made cost zero". This would leave your NCB unaffected.

One thing to be careful of your insurer would normally want a decleration saying you will cover any costs relating to the claim.....This could open you up personally to paying an injury claim in the future should the third party make one. If you go down the pay the costs yourself route it would be worth getting a letter from the third accepting "full and final settlement and confirming they are not injured".

If i was you id personally get some legal advice before you give the TP a payment.

Kind Regards
Neil
Greenlight

Thanks very much for the feedback. it was small impact so thankfully its only my grill thats damaged and a crack on the bonnet witch i will replace.

Am i better contacting there insurance to find out a figure or am i best to just leave it with my insurance?

i done a quote on projected figures and it was somewhere around £2000 per year. would rather settle it myself simply because the damage was minimum

Suzuki Jimny
You'll probably want to go through your insurance when they claim £10k for 'injuries'

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
You'll probably want to go through your insurance when they claim £10k for 'injuries'
Exactly my thoughts. i have called there insurance and there hasnt been a claim logged so hopefully nothing comes of it. from what im aware that it could still be with back office. al give it to friday and see what happens from there.