ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I Claim?

MK1 Clio
Yesturday aome muppet came round a corner on the wrong side of the road and completly smashed up my car. My car was towed away after hours of waiting and he has not yet admitted liability, it was ocviously his fault but I don't have any witnesses am I likely to be able to win? Also my car has some mods which I stupidly haven't declared back box and wheels will this mean that I wont be able to cliam or will his insurance not pay out? Cheers

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
i had a 1.2 with 17inch alloys, blacked out windows, new back box and tail pipes, smoked rear lights and front angel eyes and i never declared any of it! i got hit up the arse by a lorry when the car got back to my house i took every think back off and put the clio alloys back on left the blacked out windows in! just pulled the back box off with tail piped and dint bother putting the old one back on just said it came off in the crash even tho it was a clean cut where i had put the new one on! the back lights were smashed anyway but the front ones stayed in as i got rid of the standard ones! my car was a write off but the insurance still paid out and i got a nice tidy sum of a claim...... but i did fracture my back and had whip lash in my neck. your car wont go to the insurance it will go to be looked and to see if its a write off! id just take off what you can mate but dnt worry i think they only care about engine modds! really bad news tho mate. i was gutted. hope u sort it out soon!

BMW 330CI M SPORT
If it's as clear cut as you say, the fact you've changed your wheels isn't going to really come into on the claims side of things, as it didn't contribute to the crash, same with the backbox.

If an inspection is arranged though, they might pick up on it and tell you they need to be added to the policy. But most engineers just go out to say yay or nay on whether it's beyond economical repair or not.

Make your story clear cut. Get the repair estimate and keep on at your Insurers about it getting sorted and you should be sound.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If it's coming off the other guys insurance and you deal with the other insurance co' direct, it's of no relevance about your mods. Still should be declaring them though.

BMW 330CI M SPORT
I'd involve your Insurers also if you haven't yet mate. If your car is wrecked and there is question over liability, what experience do you have to argue your case...

I see a lot of these coming in at work, because people think it's a quick, cheaper option and they end up fucked with no payout because they have nothing to back them up and it's too late for their own Insurer's to instruct solicitors.

Clio 172
go through a company like swift prestige hire, they'll fully fund the repair and chase the other blokes insurance for liability as ultimatly its them that have to admit it, you also get a like for like courtesy car :)

BMW 330CI M SPORT
go through a company like swift prestige hire, they'll fully fund the repair and chase the other blokes insurance for liability as ultimatly its them that have to admit it, you also get a like for like courtesy car :)

This is what your Insurance is for!

No need to do that, they won't want to get involved unless liability has been admitted and this is where they make their money taking the piss with hire costs.

And if it goes wrong, your Insurers won't want to know!

Also see this happening a lot. Ends up with £500 repair costs and £2000 hire that is then disputed by the third party, pointless.