ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i change my brake pads

Mégane RS

I think i had the pads changed on their own a while back, there mintex fast road pads. Should i get new pads? was looking to get pagid ones or ebc green stuff pads. where do i buy pagid from?

Mégane RS

i know yeah lol, passed my mot on them though dont know how that was lol and it was at ATS

Skoda Fabia vRS

i got my Pagid from GSF

usually you should replace the pads aswell when doing the discs

Mégane RS

Just been on the GSF web site and looked for pagid pads, the onlyones i could find were

R64221A
BRAKE PAD SET-PAG FAST RD
CLIO GIRLING
Are these the right ones for my 1.4 1999 abs clio? there are no specifications given on the website

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Vinnyc19 on 03 September 2005

So their basicy Greenstuff then
no, they are lower spec than green stuff, they are EBCs normal pads, not even fast road

Mégane RS

really, i just want a pad that performs well for the road, not track usage, and one that doesnt give off that much brake dust. my mintex ones give off an excessive amount, i lightly touch the brakes and there sprinkled with brake dust

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by patty on 03 September 2005

^^ sounds sh*t!
there actually not that bad, especially considering the price

if you just want a cheap set of normal pads you cant go wrong with a set of Ferodo Premier

996 Carrera

I had the Kevlar pads on a while ago - much less brake dust than the OEM pad and the Tarox fast road pad Im on at the mo. In fact I had more brake dust on the rear wheels than the fronts with the Kevlar pads!

The EBC stop pretty well too though I never had them on track.

HTH G

Mégane RS

Yeah thats what i was thinking about the ebcs. the mintex are good but produce too much dust for me, but on the other hand id much rather have dusty brakes than brakes that did not perform

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Id put a new set of pads on with the new discs, but keep your existing pads to use when the new ones are worn.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Vinnyc19 on 03 September 2005
does anyone know where i can buy greenstuff from?

GSF

part number is

R64221AG