ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

short shifter for 172 cup

anyone tried one ? i have had to put up with a long gear travel for nearly 2 years with the 172 and now i have the cup im not putting up with it anymore.. it really wrecks the drive as you bring your foot up to change gear your arms at full stretch and you have to wrestle it in that last bit. w**k imo. cant do a fast-positive gear change

anyways whats the best one, can you keep the cup gear knob, does it knacker the gear box etc..

thanks

B+M is the only short shifter about for the 172 IIRC.

Mixed views on it.

I asked about a few weeks ago mate, try searching B+M.

I ended up not bothering.

why didnt you bother, was it because knowone answered your questions or was it because it was deemed to be a crappy mod.

i really do need something better though. every clio ive driven its noctchy as hell to get it in, compared with the short sharp easy to place VW gears its a proper mess.

cock mobile.

I did read a lot of people saying that the gear boxes on the 172 do not like to be rushed.

Im having a new box fitted, and I wouldnt want to mess this one up, so long throw for me!

I dont have a short shift btw.

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 13 September 2005

why didnt you bother, was it because knowone answered your questions or was it because it was deemed to be a crappy mod.

i really do need something better though. every clio ive driven its noctchy as hell to get it in, compared with the short sharp easy to place VW gears its a proper mess.
I decided to spend my money on something more worthwhile IMO.

Here is the http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=177258&SearchPagePosition=1&search=B%2BM&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchlink.

but dont you think it takes just a bit too long to get in gear, ive found sitting closer to the gear stick + pedals helps as to disengage clutch you have to have you foot almost all the way down also.

the car was designed for midgets. problem is if the airbag goes off it will smash your face in at that distance.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I had a B&M short shift on my 182, and loved it.

I did Santa Pod a couple of times and covered 25,000 miles with it no problems.

Deffo recommending from me.

Lionel Richie

everyone thinks its a device to make you change gear faster, ITS not!!!! its a short shifter, IE YOU DONT HAVE TO MOVE THE GEARSTICK AS FAR TO SELECT A GEAR!!!!

simple as that, IMO theyre awesome, much more comfortable to use than the 3ft throw of the std one!!! and much more precise too

one of the best VFM items you can buy, no performance change, and NO ADVANTAGE on "fatser shifts" just a lot bloody better than the std renault item!!!!!!

Here here ^^^^ i have one and it like it it feels smooth and precise after its bedded in, the stanard one is like long johns wooden leg.