ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shire Horse Meet (Maidenhead) May 16th

RB 182 cup
Hi everyone,

A few people have been interested recently in organising a meet at the shire horse centre.

The shire horse is based on the A4 near Maidenhead. So it will be local for anyone around Wycombe and Reading etc. It has a nice beer garden and a large car park with some great driving roads (I hope someone will appear now with a good route!)

If its a nice evening, we could meet at 6pm, have a chat and a drink then go for a little drive.

ITR-DC2.com i believe is organising a meet at the same time and place so bring your knuckle dusters ;)

Old Shire Horse Centre, Bath Road, Littlewick Green, Maidenhead SL6 3QA

I'll start the list off:

1. Marty
2. Spongebob_172
3. Richie_DC2

M2 Competition
1. Marty
2. Spongebob_172
3. Richie_DC2
4. Peperami

Nice one Mart. Will people want to eat at the Pub?

RB 182 cup
1. Marty
2. Spongebob_172
3. Richie_DC2
4. Peperami

Nice one Mart. Will people want to eat at the Pub?

I wouldn't mind eating first. If we find a good place for some photos, my brother is bringing all his camera equipment. Are you going to lead the way for the drive? I think you know a good driving route?????

corsa ecoflex
we could do the photoshoot up on winter hill..not far from the shire horse and an epic drive up there through loads of twisties;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Good old shires meet returns :approve:

Two problems though, 6pm is rush hour and most we'll only have just got home from work at that time, second issue, any driving routes are going to be busy untill 9:30pm onwards so start time of 7:30 maybe better?

( James showing off his area rep'n skillllzzzz :rasp: )

corsa ecoflex
Good old shires meet returns :approve:

Two problems though, 6pm is rush hour and most we'll only have just got home from work at that time, second issue, any driving routes are going to be busy untill 9:30pm onwards so start time of 7:30 maybe better?

( James showing off his area rep'n skillllzzzz :rasp: )
james its a sunday evening mate so there wont be any rush hour

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
james its a sunday evening mate so there wont be any rush hour

I should have checked the calender in that case :clown:

Thinking about it though, general Sunday drivers are worse than rush hour ;)

RS 189.9
1. Marty
2. Spongebob_172
3. Richie_DC2
4. Peperami
5. tom@jms
6. atouba
7. EllenA

I'm up for this, room for a newbiee?

145db Euro'd clio
1. Marty
2. Spongebob_172
3. Richie_DC2
4. Peperami
5. tom@jms
6. atouba
7. EllenA
8. Littlec17

same. newbie, ha! got work til 5:30 though so might be a little late. will try my bet o get off early!

Dawn, please come, just to show us all up ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
1. Marty
2. Spongebob_172
3. Richie_DC2
4. Peperami
5. tom@jms
6. atouba
7. EllenA
8. Littlec17
9. Jamesstone

Should be down, We'll see where i am Sunday

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Nice to see the old Shires Meet back, my first meet a few years ago IIRC.

Can't make this though, still in exams, hope there are more to come!

M3 SMG
Ooooooooooooo Im from Maidenhead, this is about 3mins from my front door...

however im off to Duxford to watch some warbirds :cool:

So ill have to come to the next one :)

GTD, Lupo
Im might pop down if i have a spare minute :D

Might be about 7:30 so dont know where you guys will be about then?

Gorms

Last edited:
  M2 Competition
Be interesting to see how many of the teg boys turn out! Might try blag a ride/ go in a DC5, been keen to experience one for a while :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So a small electrical fire at work has put me back by 20 mins, looks like queues on the M40 too! Hopefully there for 6:30...

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Couple of random shots from tonight, random edits!

DSC01301cs.jpg

DSC01297cs.jpg

DSC01293cs.jpg

DSC01294cs.jpg

Shame the weather was the way it was! but well worth the drive ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Drive was a laugh! Still have no confidence in the budget rubber though haha. Took the long way home and had a bit more fun too. :)

M2 Competition
Tonight was fun! Good to meet a few more of you too.

Was a shame the drive was so busy, and so wet, but we managed to hustle along at a nice pace in a few places ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Aye good to meet you too Pep! I think we had a nice run considering the conditions/traffic.

145db Euro'd clio
yeah was good to meet you all aswell. The drive was good, poor little clio was put through his paces to keep up! :( Hopefully next time there will be a better turn out, that way we can upset even more people when driving through little towns! ie. the woman with the dog was hilarious!