ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shaking at idle.. ???

hey all, having owned a clio sport for a while i have had my fair share of problems, my latest being a shaking through the cabin when i am at idle, if the car is warm or cold it doesnt matter... it doesnt happen all the time though more often than i like... sometimes the car takes two starts to get it firing, though dont know if that is related? i took it to a mechanic and he said the engine is hunting and didnt want to touch it... (especially not being a renault dealer) any help thanks all

Black-Gold 182
Welcome to the world of clio tickover! Common fault, and its due to the "sporty" engine map. Nothing you can really do about it. However, is your tickover just below the 1000rpm line (850 iirc). Any lower than that, and your tickover might need adjusting.
I found that running on Shell Vpower reduced the tickover shudder, but its still there.

BMW 330d :)
I've had the lower mount changed for a ktec polybush one and the car shudders like a diesel now... If its a used car you have bought the last owner may have done this....

how are we supposed to sell the car like that? i had the engine mount replaced.. so maybe thats why i can feel it more now'

sometimes it doesnt shake though? sometimes it takes two starts to turnover? is this all normal stuff....

also where do i buy a steering wheel grip? the rubber insert in the steering wheel.

mines worn out on the right side?

Common fault, and its due to the "sporty" engine map. Nothing you can really do about it. However, is your tickover just below the 1000rpm line (850 iirc). Any lower than that, and your tickover might need adjusting.
Its not a fault its due to the ECU mapping for the emmisions rules.

RPM cannot be adjusted its part of the ECU only operation of PAS or air con or low barrery ups the rpm at idle.

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
I've had the lower mount changed for a ktec polybush one and the car shudders like a diesel now... If its a used car you have bought the last owner may have done this....

How bad is the shudder mate? Ive just bought a clio 172 and got the parts of the lad i bought it off and the lower mount is the ktec polybush one. Would you say it was better to have the ktec one or standard?

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150

How bad is the shudder mate? Ive just bought a clio 172 and got the parts of the lad i bought it off and the lower mount is the ktec polybush one. Would you say it was better to have the ktec one or standard?
Mixed opinions from what i've read on here. I am having a Grp N ecu put on next week hopefully, with the idle raised to 1200rpm. This should remove the problem as I noticed with a standard set up it is possible to remove the vibration by resting foot on pedal and raise revs to just over 1k.