ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Server does not allow relaying" - iPhone 4 on Orange

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I keep getting the "The recipient "email address" was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying" error message when I'm not using Wifi ....

My SMTP server is smtp.orange.co.uk and I'm using a TalkTalk email address.

Any ideas??!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I keep getting the "The recipient "email address" was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying" error message when I'm not using Wifi ....

My SMTP server is smtp.orange.co.uk and I'm using a TalkTalk email address.

Any ideas??!

You'll need to turn on authentication to talk to the orange servers when you're not directly connected to the orange network.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Hi mate

Thanks for the advice - the authentication is set to "password" already?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Hi mate

Thanks for the advice - the authentication is set to "password" already?

If you're sure you have authentication enabled then they either don't like the return address being set to your talk talk address and are rejecting it on the basis it looks like an external relay attempt or they're blanket blocking access for relays outside their network for authenticated clients.

Both would be odd situations if you're using authentication as that should override any relaying rules.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
There doesn't seem to be an answer on the net ... I'm sure it worked when I got it a few months back!