ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'SERV' light and Airbag light on together mk2 ph2

If you get this combination of warning lights up wiggle the connector under the passengers front seat and it should go out.
Every ph2 owner on this site probably already knows but I thought it might help any newbies.

Clio Sport 172
Hi im a newbie,
Thanks for this one!!
Nearly parted with some money over this one and decided last night to join the forum-SO GLAD I DID!!

Nice one.:cool:

1.4 ph2 dynamique
i have this problem! they want £70 + vat to fix it. i said well if you know about the problem then why isnt it done free? they say some cars just have gremlins.....well if you know about it...its a common problem.....

just signed up and wont let me see the the common clio problems page (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108607) anyone got a direct link?

would rather do it myself the pay out, cheap i know

many thanks

i have this problem! they want £70 + vat to fix it. i said well if you know about the problem then why isnt it done free? they say some cars just have gremlins.....well if you know about it...its a common problem.....

just signed up and wont let me see the the common clio problems page (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108607) anyone got a direct link?

would rather do it myself the pay out, cheap i know

many thanks

Seat belt warning light

The SERV and AIRBAG lights come on its a common problem (almost every has it) its due to the wiring of the pretensioners going to an open circuit. Fiddle with the wires under the seat an the problem will go away.
On the early cars the solution is to look under each of the seats. You will see a grey connector.
On the passenger side disconnect it and cut the Blue and Brown wires off both sides. Then solder the Blue wire to blue, and the Brown to the other brown. Make sure you use insulating sleeves over the soldered connections..
Under the driver seat there are two pairs of wires in the grey connector.. Only cut the Blue and Brown wires and solder them together as above.. Reconnect the connector..
On the facelift cars it is ONLY the passenger side connector that is affected.. So again cut and solder the Blue and brown wires.

Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.0
cut the wires and soldier them back together stops the problem forever;)

i was just about to say that lol peugeots have exactly same problem cut the connector off the wires and solder thm back up just means u have to unsolder them when u need to remove seats and solder back in when u put them back in

sport 172 mk2
I had this problem (as everyone else). The airbag and serv light came on when the seats were folded forward for access to rear seats, or if the seat was moved forward/backwards. I cure it by disconnecting the connector under the seat and then re-connecting it, seems to have done the trick.....for now.

CLIO DYNAMIQUE
very handy to know as i was just about to post a thread asking how to switch them off.cheers guys good info.

very handy to know as i was just about to post a thread asking how to switch them off.cheers guys good info.

...............me too, i picked my car up today, fiddled with the seats and put some optimax in, when i came out of the garage the light was on....so it was hopefully me messing around then!

much thanks alex s
and everyone else

incidentally my car is flipping brilliant, what a car! i love it

clio 172 exclusive n
perhaps we should make this a sticky

its a great thread

i simply pulled the yellow clips out then disconnected the grey connectors then clipped them back in place and locked with the yellow clip fastners

after this my serv and airbag light when out

great tip guys

nice1

Sorry to bump an old thread, just thought would be wise to post it all in one section.

I put in some different half leather half alacantra seats in my car yesterday but the previous owner has cut off the connecter (as they are s**t) and hard wired them. I un did all his handy work and attempted to hardwire them back again but now I have SERV and the Airbag light on :( Also when putting in the passenger seat there wasn't a connecter for the pretensioner... is this right?