ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling a car/cancelling insurance

E85 3.0i
I'm not sure if this is a ridiculous question and I half think I know the answer but...

The Clio is going, a new car will be coming soon after it's gone. Insurance expires 12th June, ideally I'd like to sell the clio before then.
I rung Adrian Flux yesterday to be told that the company won't insure the vehicle I'm planning on buying, so I'd have to cancel the policy and start a new one, effectively throwing away 10 months of 1 years NCB. So, the question is...

If I sell the clio before the insurance expires, can you just let the policy run and not renew therefore gaining that all important years NCB, or is this fraud/illegal/naughty as I'm expecting it to be?

work for BMW
I had the same dilemma , also with Adrian flux, I rang sky insurance from here and explained the situation and they told
me they would be able to take over the insurance on the 10months I had already done with flux and I would still get the no claims after being with them for anther 2 months.. Result!

E85 3.0i
I had the same dilemma , also with Adrian flux, I rang sky insurance from here and explained the situation and they told
me they would be able to take over the insurance on the 10months I had already done with flux and I would still get the no claims after being with them for anther 2 months.. Result!

Interesting... did it cost you 86,000 Ugandan dollars? Damn my lack of patience...

work for BMW
Ha no it was no fees involved. As I have paid my 10 months on monthly payments to flux ( last 2 months I don't pay anything) I can cancel the policy with them and sky would take it over. Give sky insurance a ring they are really helpful I recommend !

MR2 Mk1.5

We can only do this as a 'transfer of agency' which is quite complicated. It is very rare we do this.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't cancel it and keep paying to gain your ncb?

More money but ncb is worth a lot these days as you know.

E85 3.0i
Don't cancel it and keep paying to gain your ncb?

More money but ncb is worth a lot these days as you know.

It's all paid Gally, was paid on the day I got the policy.

My issue is more if I sell the car and just don't cancel it, am I committing some kind of treason by not telling them I've sold the car just to gain that magic 5 years? I'm assuming the problem comes when the new owner insures the car and suddenly 1 car 2 insurance policies?

330i. E30 Touring.
Find a mate with a 106d/cheap to insure car. Swap insurance to that. Carry on until NCB gained. Cancel.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Boom, Mikey to the rescue!

I've no idea if illegal or voids your insurance on a car you don't have... they may deem it as fraudulent though and now Sky Inusrance know about it... well done.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Just sell the car and keep your insurance running, I've done it loads of times.