ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seen a 182 - need advice

Guys,

I looked at a low mileage (21k miles) cup’d 182 at the weekend which I’m tempted by, but I was a little surprised that the car was already on it’s second set of discs and is in need of a third set of front tyres imminently! Also, despite the car being 4.5 years old, the owner had it serviced based on mileage intervals only, so as the car has only just reached 21k miles. It has only just had it’s 2nd service.

I always service my car every 6 months whatever the mileage, and at the very least once a year. Should I be concerned that the car has only had 2 services in 4.5 years? Also, is the disc and tyre wear a sign that the car has had a hard life?

Thanks for your input lads.

Cheers,

M.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
third set of front tires is slightly worrying (probably had a hard life), my 1st set lasted over 30K on my 182.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hmmm sounds like it has been hammered somewhat... but then who knows.

doesn't sound like it has had an easy life.

clio 182 black /gold
Im due my third set of tyres on the front. My car has done 37700 miles. It should been serviced on the date. Ie 4 years should have at least 2 services.

Shhh
Unsure about disks, probably just needed the lip taking off with a hammer.

In the 72,000miles i did.

Think i had 5 sets of tyres (front), 1 set (rear) - they were the michelin exaltos
New disks front (£90 for brembo)
Pads front (x2)
Rear pads (x1)

In fact, rear disks were well shot. Just took the wheels off and hammered the lip off it.

Was good to for another set of pads.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
3 sets of tyres just on the front aint to bad.
Service is 2 years or 12k so it's fine.

Mines only had 2 service in 4.5 years.
But mine only did 12k in the first 3 of it's life.

Hmmm, mixed opinions - thx for the replies.

So should I be concerned? 3 sets of front tyres and 2 pairs of disks in 20k miles seems excessive, or do these things eat tyres/discs?

Mart.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
discs shouldn't wear out that quickly IMO, but they seam to rust up quickly, so could have just corroded from lack of use. How do you know its on it's 3rd set of tyres? Could have had a puncture?

Also think about it, it's technically had 3 services in 4.5 years, as it had one when it was new lol so didn't need the first ones till it was 2 years 12k old, second at 4 years, 3rd at 6 years so on.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Depends on the tires he used too. Toyo proxies I went through a set of them in under 6 months but Eagle F1 GSD3's last a lot longer.

mine had 3 sets of tyres in 46k, they eat discs too, expensive on the back too, I think youl be lucky to get a 182 that hasnt been driven as it should.