ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner help, correct maps for cars running 7300 software

172 Cup
I have just connected my rs tuner and trying to find the right .rst and .cal files, my ecu has given me these details.

Part Number: 8200326770
Program number: 00E5
Hardware Version: 8200326733
Software version: 7300
Calibration version: 5E10
Diagnose version: 09

Vin: CB1N
Car: 172 Cup

Is anyone able to confirm which files i will need to carryout the remap correctly?

I believe i need to update my ecu to 8200 software first, because my car is running 7300 software.

8200_7804_OEM.rst

This is the only file in the fastchip oem section that mentions 8200, so i assume this is the correct file?

Then upload a performance calibration: Can someone tell me which of these applies once the car is running 8200 software, does my car think it is now a 172 or a 182?

cal 172 8200 5411 1110 RON98
cal 172 8200 5E11 1110 RON98
cal 182 8200 7804 1110 RON98

If this post solves my problem then it may be worth making it a sticky, as i am aware that the procedure for remapping 7300 cars is a little different to 6400/6500/8100 cars.

Henk previously posted a sticky for updating cars running 8000/6400 and 6500 software. But not 7300.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?574483-How-do-I-update-my-ECU-software-with-a-performance-calibration-(map

Any help would really be appreciated, i currently have a tuner that i cannot use, the car is my daily, so i need to get this right first time, i don't want to cause permanent damage to my ECU.

Thanks

172 Cup
Thank you very much Riley, can a mod please make this a sticky.

It has taken me about a week to get to this stage. It will help a alot of frustrated 7300 owners out.

172 Cup
Henk,

Can you explain the correct method for doing this please, to eliminate all confusion surrounding the 7300 software.

Can you tell everyone exactly which .rst and .cal files are needed please.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'd like to know too - was going to attempt to use mine at the weekend but didn't want to disable the car for the meet yesterday lol

172 cup
Jesus I copied and pasted the wrong one by accident it this one
[h=3] cal 172 8200 5411 1110 RON98[/h] €49.00
1739f8a25acbce2dcc020d78d1d64dbd.jpg

Average customer rating:
0.gif
Total votes: 0
Clio 2 172 ['fin style' ECU upgrade from 7300]

apologies. But Henk seriously take a chill pill, professional approach not a strong point then

172 Cup
Henk,

I have repeatedly asked you for help, Riley has been kind enough to offer me some support, even if he pasted the wrong link.
He then rectified the mistake and i have now paid for what i believe to be the correct file, cal 172 8200 5411 1110 RON98, from your website.

I appreciate that you are busy, but without the forum you would receive many more mails regarding the correct .rst and .cal files. There are many people who have been helped by the members here.

Can i suggest that you post a comprehensive 172 and 182 list, showing which files to download for each software variation and the matching cal files. Post a link to this on your website or publish the list there. I'm sure you already know all the possible combinations.

People pay good money for the product, which is definately improves the nature of the clio. Rather than posting short and unhelpful comments, just answer the question. That is all that is asked of you, rise above arguing with someone who has made a mistake and give us the benefit of your knowledge.

Hahahahahaha I see nothings changed

I thought you weren't going to trade on here anymore?

If you're going to keep trying to sell your maps you could at least be polite when people don't know which one to use - and then biting the heads off previous customers.. pure class - seriously!

I upgraded my 53 plate cup to 8200_7804_OEM.rst software and then put the 8200_5E11_F4R736_RON98_0510.cal calibration file on. Though it was like getting blood out of a stone to work out which ones to buy!!

Not sure what the difference is between my 0510 and the 1110 files. Probably just a newer version. But there's no announcements for versions or any details as to whats changed or anything on the fastchip site - so ermm yeah god knows?

Last edited:
Oh also I have NO IDEA the difference between 5E11 and 5411 - both are listed for clio 2 - both are for "upgrades from 7300" - no descriptions on the site whatsoever

Have fun!

Evo 8 MR
Hahahahahaha I see nothings changed

I thought you weren't going to trade on here anymore?

If you're going to keep trying to sell your maps you could at least be polite when people don't know which one to use - and then biting the heads off previous customers.. pure class - seriously!

I upgraded my 53 plate cup to 8200_7804_OEM.rst software and then put the 8200_5E11_F4R736_RON98_0510.cal calibration file on. Though it was like getting blood out of a stone to work out which ones to buy!!

Not sure what the difference is between my 0510 and the 1110 files. Probably just a newer version. But there's no announcements for versions or any details as to whats changed or anything on the fastchip site - so ermm yeah god knows?

He isn't trading on here anymore.

The last 4 digits are the date when it was created.

Fastchip.NL isn't exactly JMS with regards to marketing is it but it still provides an excellent service imo.

Marketing isnt the issue - post-sale support is

What's the point in selling a remapping tool if people can't work out what maps to use. And then he winges when people install the wrong ones and email him LOL
What's the difference between 5411 and 5E11 - no explanation at all on the site

Evo 8 MR
Marketing isnt the issue - post-sale support is

What's the point in selling a remapping tool if people can't work out what maps to use. And then he winges when people install the wrong ones and email him LOL
What's the difference between 5411 and 5E11 - no explanation at all on the site

These are marketing issues.

If the site was a fantastic easy to use tool which explained every fine detail with a sublime layout everyone would know how to go about various things, but the fact is that it's not so deal with it.

From what I gather Henk doesn't NEED to sell x amount of RStuners therefore isn't spending time and money on upgrading the site so you either do the research yourself or with help from others or go somewhere else imo.

From my experience I received excellent post-sale support.

IT'S NOT MARKETING

Marketing would be promoting the RS Tuner as a device - which he doesn't do and obviously doesn't need to

But buying the device is only part of the solution - you then need to know what software to run on your engine - that's after-sales support
You've bought the hardware now you need to know how to use it

I have half a dozen PM's this month alone where I've had to tell people what to download.
One guy on here ended up spending 50euros on the wrong software because Henk wouldn't reply

It's exactly the equivalent of someone selling you a car and not telling you what fuel to put in it - but then having a massive go at you when you put the wrong fuel in.