ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ronald's BG RS Megane 175dCi

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
What sizes do you think I should go for?

20mm + 30mm springs
IMG_1552.JPG

25mm + coilovers
0BA5A4CD-93BB-488A-84B1-3450C2BF577C-252-0000005B9C891174.jpeg

I still think mine has a bit too much tuck tbh

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Lots of people run 20s best combo is 20s and H&R springs.

A few from various forums.

7a937fdad4bcb6ea097df2e818a750b2.jpg

d4c725a4510765783a5c648f3d5264a3.jpg

729ded761e4ae3c8b9d7e9b5cdb5430c.jpg

Mine with springs no spacers

6226075072b0e8060f77fb30e30706b0.jpg

Mine with Coilovers and 25mms

c652df3d7821ceb0c1b0956ac018a267.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah they are best with a drop. Mine is set perfect with the Coilovers and 25mm

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I was looking at cup spoilers today as well 🙈
I always wanted some kind of spoiler for mine but as soon as someone called the cup spoiler a 'pram handle' it put me off haha
Apparently the GT spoiler is a bish to fit so maybe the sprint one instead

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah if does not look lovely but I'm definitely not lowering mine.
Well we will see once you've been out in mine! Honestly mate, they're not much stiffer than standard. :wink: The cup 2's on mine will make it feel stiffer though due to the sidewalls.

I'm tempted to take the cup spoiler off mine just to see what it looks like.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Well we will see once you've been out in mine! Honestly mate, they're not much stiffer than standard. :wink: The cup 2's on mine will make it feel stiffer though due to the sidewalls.

I'm tempted to take the cup spoiler off mine just to see what it looks like.
...better. 😂

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at Christophers for lowering spacing inspiration! Looks great mate! Really really like it!

Renault paint is harder than any other i've worked on, including the german ceramics.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Not usually a fan of pressed plates but these look good, and the GB backing matches the paint.

It might just be the picture but the front looks in very good condition in terms of stone chips?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Not usually a fan of pressed plates but these look good, and the GB backing matches the paint.

It might just be the picture but the front looks in very good condition in terms of stone chips?

Cheers buddy.

The front is in pretty good nick.

I did however wet sand the black part of the bumper last week. I used 3000 grit spot pads on my new Rupes Bigfoot mini and then polished them with Rupes compound. I then gave it a second stage with 3800 menzerna polish. It's not perfect but it's a damn sight better than it was.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Cheers buddy.

I did however wet sand the black part of the bumper last week. I used 3000 grit spot pads on my new Rupes Bigfoot mini and then polished them with Rupes compound. I then gave it a second stage with 3800 menzerna polish. It's not perfect but it's a damn sight better than it was.
Thanks for the intel, I shall give that a try as mine definitely looks like it needs it

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers buddy.

Any pics of that process in the detailing chat Ronald? I'd like to see that.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Met up with my old mate @Kyle 86 for a catch up today.

We went to go to a car show in Billericay but they wanted £15 to get so we gave it a swerve.

Took a few pics in the car park.
IMG_0884.JPG
IMG_0885.JPG
IMG_0888.JPG
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_0886.JPG
IMG_0889.JPG
IMG_0891.JPG
IMG_0887.JPG

Kyle was telling me about the plans he has for his 172 Cup and they sound epic.

Hopefully he will update his Project on here once the work starts.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Met up with my old mate @Kyle 86 for a catch up today.

We went to go to a car show in Billericay but they wanted £15 to get so we gave it a swerve.

Took a few pics in the car park.
View attachment 907636 View attachment 907655 View attachment 907742 View attachment 907754 View attachment 907777 View attachment 907814 View attachment 907841 View attachment 907876

Kyle was telling me about the plans he has for his 172 Cup and they sound epic.

Hopefully he will update his Project on here once the work starts.

Has he got a thread already mate?.be interesting to have a look & follow being im a cup owner to.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Ouch.

I saw most of the cars drive through the High Street whilst munching a burger and a pint from the Red Lion yesterday afternoon... and I still (just about) had change from £15 haha !!

I was going to pop along to this show also but was put off by the high cost of entry.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Lovely colour. I'd be going down the sheep route if it was mine though, spoiler, spacers, plain number plates, job done.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Ahhhh man will need to get some for mine. The front is still cracked from when I hit a deer a couple of years ago.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah I might get myself a set when I get back next week :)