ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault World Series - Donington - Where to stay?

As above really.

I'm looking for some recommendations, nothing majorly expensive (as I'm a tight b*****d!) for my g/f and I to stay that Saturday night. Possibly with my parents as well as they want to come up and watch.

Any suggestions greatfully received (and no, we're not camping!).

Thanks

James.

Monaco Blue 172
well the premier travel inn is already full ;)

ive booked a room in derby, basically cos nottingham is full of gangstas and leicester is full of immigrants ;)

i used www.laterooms.com

Thanks Jan3d.

I have emailed them already but if you know there are places left I'll look into it. Good stuff!!

*edited* £100 a night for a room, and camping there? I think if I pulled up and "surprised" the missus with camping she'd not be pleased.

Monaco Blue 172
he said he doesnt want to camp. and i'm willing to bet the hotel is fully booked by now (or its too expensive!) ;)

Clio 1.216v Dynamique said:
I'm aliright, only live 25mins away, quick trip from junction 21 to 23a for me thats all

Good for you....

Appears most places are booked unfortunately, so doesn't look like we'll find a nice b+b to stay in :(

Milton Keynes... but I thought I might go up Saturday and take the missus out for a meal that evening and then find a place to stay and see the WSR Sunday.

Not looking particularly likely although I suppose I could book somewhere further out?

mr_merc said:
Milton Keynes... but I thought I might go up Saturday and take the missus out for a meal that evening and then find a place to stay and see the WSR Sunday.

Not looking particularly likely although I suppose I could book somewhere further out?
Search on the interweb mate sure theres somewhere for you, oh got your tickets yet?

Monaco Blue 172
probably quite a good laugh, i'd imagine there'd be a festival kind of atmosphere about it. but the thought of a soggy tent just puts me right off! much rather a king size bed and walk-in shower ;) hehe

182cup & 172 racecar
I don't need anywhere to stay, but I do need tickets!! Have you recieved tickets free from Renault, or how did you get hold of them? I'm stil waiting for a reply from Renault

Monaco Blue 172
seems that hardly anyone has got their tix yet afaik. apparently they wont be sent out til a week or so beforehand... maybe to prevent touts trying to sell them on ebay lol

jooliona said:
seems that hardly anyone has got their tix yet afaik. apparently they wont be sent out til a week or so beforehand... maybe to prevent touts trying to sell them on ebay lol
Yep probs to stop prats copying them and selling them on etc, never thought of that nice one batman

jooliona said:
probably quite a good laugh, i'd imagine there'd be a festival kind of atmosphere about it. but the thought of a soggy tent just puts me right off! much rather a king size bed and walk-in shower ;) hehe

This is exactly it, yes.

Ph1 172
Express By Holiday Inn
NOTTINGHAM EAST MIDLANDS AIRPO
HUNTER RD, PEGASUS BUS PK CST DON
DERBY, DE74 2TQ
ENGLAND

Hotel Reservations: 0870 400 9093
Hotel Front Desk: 44-1509-678000

Hotel Fax: 44-1509-670954

Email: ema@expressholidayinn.co.uk
Check-In Time: 2:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM

Have rooms available for £89.95 for the 9th - 0.6mile away from Donny Park. Rooms sleep 4.

Clio Renaultsport 182
Just booked a room here:

Thistle East Midlands Airport, East Midlands Airport, Castle Donington, DE74 2SH

Stayed there last year - £110/night, with two people in a room = £55/night.

Just about walking distance from the track, even the rain......

Anyone else staying there this year?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
oh sh!t this is gonna be expensive. i knew i should have planned in advance! Doh!!

My Legs
erm i got free tickets from PGTI, i might have one spare actually cause i dont think anyone can afford to go with me, which means i think im going to have to find a b&b last minute :S,

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
who's camping? i heard Cliosport.net have a campsite booked is this true as i would be interested in joining. ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i would also be interested in finding out about the camping as i think its a bit of a trek for one day and it seems pretty booked up around the area so camping would be good