ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing OEM ford Ka stereo

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Trying to change the crappy radio/cassette in my gf's ka but couldnt get it out, was using a long screwdriver but couldnt figure out where the release pins were through the release holes.

any clue or piccies?

googled it and found this http://homepages.tesco.net/~esoteric/ka-audmods.htm which is the same stereo but didnt really help.

mrscyberblob i know youll read this :) but do you have the original stereo in yours or did it come with a cd player?

Thanks
MJ

i no but once i buy them am never going to use them again, thought you can do it with small screwdrivers anyway?

clio 1.4 rt
hi i work for halfors and i know from experience that these stereos are absolute buggers to remove! u do really need the release pins and even with them its a pain. on some of the stereos there are two holes either side but only the botom set of holes releases the unit. a long thin piece of metal i.e. coat hanger cut down a bit would work and once the pins feel like there in wiggle quikly from side to side and pull at the same time.

this can get your fingers achin but persevere with it .

ollie

ah i see, where would you reccomend i buy the pins? will give the coat hanger a go though. anyone have any pics so i know where to aim for?

Cheers
MJ

ollie mc said:
hi i work for halfors and i know from experience that these stereos are absolute buggers to remove! u do really need the release pins and even with them its a pain. on some of the stereos there are two holes either side but only the botom set of holes releases the unit. a long thin piece of metal i.e. coat hanger cut down a bit would work and once the pins feel like there in wiggle quikly from side to side and pull at the same time.

this can get your fingers achin but persevere with it .

ollie

is that how you're trained to do it at Halfords? lol ;)

Racing Blue 182
Changed my brothers gfs about 4 days ago, used pins though and it was an arse to get out.

Put the pins in and push them outwards and it should work

John that would be class, but bit of a trek for something so simple lol, i just keep trying though.

biojo said:
the release pins are about 2 quid , slot em in push to side then pull towards

you know where abouts i could get them at that price?

wee update, got the pins for a couple of bucks off ebay.

tried it and now both my hands are bruised like mad from fressing the pins, stereo is farward a bit but one pin feels still stuck.

and now the pins are jammed in and i cant get them out!

morale of the story, ford are complete f**king w*****s!

Appologies for the language but anyone got any other tips?

172 Cup
I used to own a Ka, stick the pins in, push them both to towards the outside of tha radio i.e. left one push left, and right one push right. then pull out. Should work a treat. A lot of people forget or don't know to push pins outwards before trying to remove it.

Let me know if this does the job.