ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reccomend me a modifing friendly, female insurer.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My missus is looking into getting a hot hatch of some description. Currently has 4yrs NCB, will be 5 in August, due to the bonus accelerator scheme. Her age is 22, but will be 23 in June.

She currently has a 1.2 K12 (2005) Micra but keeps saying she wants something to have a bit of fun in and tinker with before we buy a house. I have mentioned a 1*2 which she likes but also quite fancies something a bit more girly.

She phone up Greenlight and they quoted her £850 on a (2000) Polo GTI. I understand this is with unlimited mods - which she will be declaring - but was just wondering if there was a cheaper or more female friendly insurer aimed at the criteria above.

Thanks, Mark.

PS. I don't own a camera phone so I can't take any pics of the GF plus I moved the toaster the other day so I'm getting in her good books! :wink:

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot to mention she currently insures with Diamond for £350 per year and I'm currently with Greenlight. I'm not sure if Greenlight do a multi policy.

She did a quote with Diamond on the GTI and it came out at £585 but the modification side of it will rise drastically I'm assuming.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Forgot to mention she currently insures with Diamond for £350 per year and I'm currently with Greenlight. I'm not sure if Greenlight do a multi policy.

She did a quote with Diamond on the GTI and it came out at £585 but the modification side of it will rise drastically I'm assuming.
Why not ask @Neil@greenlight ??

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup

Not necessarily, my wife has had her ph1 172 clio with alloys, exhaust and suspension declared and she pays around the £300 mark but she is 35.

But a few mods don't affect it that much. You can put them on the comparison sites to give you a rough idea.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys. In will get her to phone diamond and see how much it'll be with mods declared.

The main mods will be wheels, coilovers/lowering springs, exhaust, IK, few exterior and interior mods. No engine mods other than the ones mentioned.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Diamond/admiral and elephant are all the same company so you can sometimes get them to match quotes to save changing over.

Ford Mustang 5.0
My missus is looking into getting a hot hatch of some description. Currently has 4yrs NCB, will be 5 in August, due to the bonus accelerator scheme. Her age is 22, but will be 23 in June.

She currently has a 1.2 K12 (2005) Micra but keeps saying she wants something to have a bit of fun in and tinker with before we buy a house. I have mentioned a 1*2 which she likes but also quite fancies something a bit more girly.

She phone up Greenlight and they quoted her £850 on a (2000) Polo GTI. I understand this is with unlimited mods - which she will be declaring - but was just wondering if there was a cheaper or more female friendly insurer aimed at the criteria above.

Thanks, Mark.

PS. I don't own a camera phone so I can't take any pics of the GF plus I moved the toaster the other day so I'm getting in her good books! :wink:

To be honest mate if you can get a standard car insured for £585 it's probably worth leaving it standard for a year to save £250 in insurance premium. A modified policy at 22yrs old is just not going to be cheap.

If she waits until June to get the car then being 23 would drop the quotes down further as well.

Realistically she probably won't mind not modding the car for a year if it can insure a GTI at 22 for £585 with diamond

Kind regards
Neil