Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear exhaust mount on a renault clio mk2 phase 1

Discussion in 'Engine, Gearbox, Exhausts & Running Gear' started by cowan, Nov 23, 2009.

1. cowan

cowan

Car:
    renault clio
    i was trying to remove the rear exhaust mount on my mk2 ph1 but the bolt keeps turning i think the nut on the inside of the chassis leg was spot welded on but the weld has broke and i can see no way of getting at the nut anyone any advice of how to cure this problem?

2. Terry172

Terry172

Car:
    PH1 172
    When I changed my rear exhaust mount there was no nuts, the bolts just screwed in. If it's just spinning then it may be rust on the other end of the bolt stopping it from comming through. Trying soaking it in wd-40 and then work the bolt in and out.

3. cowan

cowan

Car:
    renault clio
    when i put my finger through a wee hole in the chassis leg i can feel something like a nut turning it may not be but are u sure there are no nuts?

4. 172Ben

172Ben ClioSport Moderator

Car:
    DC5
    You can normally just rip it off, then replace it with a normal nut and bolt.

Thats what ive got one mine

5. cowan

cowan

Car:
    renault clio
    but the way the chassis leg is ya cant get a nut up in to the top of it. it looks like the nut has been spot welded on before the chassis leg was welded together

6. Terry172

Terry172

Car:
    PH1 172
    I am 99% sure mine didn't have nuts, there were just 3 rusted bolts.....one broke and I replaced it with a nut and bolt with no problems.

Try and take a pic of the said problem and we may be able to help :smile:

7. cowan

cowan

Car:
    renault clio
    no bother il get a picture this evening

8. cliosportcraig

cliosportcraig

Its a threaded hole that the bolts go into, no nuts on top