ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear beam straightness dimensions

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got any official dimensions for measuring a rear beam?

I'm looking to get a used one and have it strengthened/powder coated but don't want to end up with a bent one.

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Where are you based? I can 3d scan one for you for free. The software/s can take measurements and can see angle/height differences of the hub faces and everything else needed. Pretty accurate considering I paid 5.5k 😅 (0.05mm accuracy and 0.1mm per metre volumetric accuracy)

Example

46206E4D-6C96-4DB0-866F-22D058C2AFA6.png

EDC583B0-AF7B-42DB-BDC5-17CF6D3E43DF.png

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Where are you based? I can 3d scan one for you for free. The software/s can take measurements and can see angle/height differences of the hub faces and everything else needed. Pretty accurate considering I paid 5.5k 😅 (0.05mm accuracy and 0.1mm per metre volumetric accuracy)

Example

View attachment 1639852

View attachment 1639853
The quality of that is awesome.

I'm near Manc now but don't have the beam yet. I know my current one is straight but its getting a used one I worry about! I'd hate to find it's fucked during alignment after fitting.

I'm interested in the same. After an alignment showed my rear driver side showing way out, I was wondering if there was a way of testing if my rear beam is out, and if so, look for another and test that for straightness.

Want to make sure as still quite pricey, plus Renault is a 3 week wait special order from france and £800+VAT for new